More recently, TVs did not know how to connect to the Internet, and now almost every home has more than one TV with Smart TV functions. These TVs can connect to the internet and even have apps for watching YouTube, Netflix, and a host of other streaming services, including online movie theaters and music streaming services like Spotify.
Broadcasting pictures from Iphone to Smart TV is possible using several connection methods [/ caption] Also, with the advent of “smart” TVs, it became possible to synchronize the phone with the TV and broadcast any content to it, be it music, video or photos. This function is used by many people. After all, it is easier and more enjoyable to watch movies on a large TV screen instead of a small smartphone screen and not search for your favorite movie in the TV browser from the remote control, but find it on your smartphone and turn it on on the TV. Using an iPhone, you can view content in several ways, you just need to connect your smartphone using one of the methods below.
Wireless DLNA connection – how to connect an iPhone to a TV via wi-fi without wires
DLNA technology allows devices that support this connection to exchange data on the same home network. DLNA is an acronym for Digital Living Network Alliance. Devices can be connected using this protocol both by wire and without it. To transfer any media files using this technology, you only need a Wi-Fi network, to which the TV and iPhone itself will be connected.
In the case of LG and Samsung TVs, you
will need to install additional applications – Smart Share and AllShare, respectively.
For iPhone, you need the completely free Twonky Beam app (https://twonky-beam.soft112.com/). This application contains functions that can output content from the iPhone directly to the TV. It also has a separate browser. When you launch the application, you need to find the device through which the data will be transmitted. In our case, the device transmitting data is an iPhone.
Twonky Beam [/ caption] Applications such as Belkin MediaPlay, iMediaShare, TV Assist (direct download link https: // apps .apple.com / ua / app / tv-assist / id760661078? l = ru) and others. Their mechanism of operation is similar to that of the Twonky Beam.
If you often transfer any media content from iPhone to TV, then you should purchase a paid program or a full version of a free program. This will save you the time you would spend watching ads in free programs.
Connecting the Iphone to the TV stroma via the transmitter
It also happens that the TV is old and does not have the ability to connect to Wi-Fi networks. In this case, a transmitter that connects to a TV via HDMI and receives a signal from an iPhone wirelessly may come in handy. Devices such as Digital AV or MiraScreen are examples of good quality transmitters. How to connect an iPhone through a similar adapter:
- Connect the transmitter to the iPhone.
- Insert one end of the HDMI cable into the transmitter, and connect the other to the TV. If you do not know where the HDMI connector is on your TV, then read the manufacturer’s instructions for Smart TV. HDMI-USB [/ caption]
- Select the TV source on the TV. To do this, press the Source button (sometimes Input) on the TV remote control and select the HDMI port to which the transmitter is connected in the menu that appears.
Apple Digital AV Adapter [/ caption] After the performed actions, synchronization will occur automatically. Now you can watch any content streamed from your iPhone on your TV.
Connecting Iphone to Smart TV via USB
USB is the most versatile and widespread connection interface. With it, you can connect anything you want: from flash drives to gaming accessories like racing wheels. Among other things, USB can also help in connecting an iPhone to a TV:
- Use a USB to Lightning cable to connect your iPhone with the Lightning plug. USB – Lightning [/ caption]
- Connect USB to TV using the appropriate port. If you do not know where the USB port of your TV model is, then read the instructions from the manufacturer for the TV.
- Select USB port as source in TV settings.
Connecting the iPhone to the TV via USB [/ caption] A couple of seconds after the synchronization of the smartphone and the TV is complete, you will see the image. Unfortunately, it is impossible to duplicate everything that happens on a smartphone using this method of connecting to a TV. To broadcast the screen, you must use HDMI. However, this method will help you transfer downloaded media files to your TV without any problems.
Connecting an Iphone using an Apple TV
Apple TV is a TV set-top box that lets you watch TV shows, videos, movies and listen to music, and, with a recent update, also play games. Also, this set-top box will help you transfer an image or media files using the proprietary Apple AirPlay data transfer protocol, which is available only for Apple technology.
AirPlay 2 [/ caption] It is also worth remembering that only iPhones older than the fourth generation support this method of connection.
- Turn on the set-top box and connect the HDMI cable to it.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to your TV.
- After the set-top box has turned on and you can already see the image on the screen, go through the initial Apple TV setup. If the prefix has already been used before or has been configured, then you can skip this step.
- Take your iPhone and start the broadcast via AirPlay by clicking on the circle with an arrow or on the rectangle with an arrow.
Iphone connection using the Apple TV set-top box [/ caption] Using this connection method, you can transfer absolutely any content to the TV without downloading it to the TV itself , since this method of data transmission is broadcast. Moreover, it is possible to start displaying the screen on your TV. There are also Apple AirPlay analogs for Android smartphones. You can read about them on the website of the manufacturer of a particular smartphone, dedicated to this technology. How to connect an Iphone to a TV without Apple TV and install special applications: https://youtu.be/dflSAvx6I6c
Connecting with ChromeCast
This mini-set-top box, so to speak, is manufactured by Google. Its task is to stream content and any media files. However, unlike Apple TV, it has a narrower range of options. Chromecast is a small “washer” a little more than a flash drive that connects to a TV via HDMI.
This device can independently play videos on YouTube video hosting, series on Netflix and HBO, and other content in popular streaming sites. Chromecast can also launch Google Play, which gives the user the ability to download applications from there, because Chromecast runs on the Android operating system. It is also worth noting that content from mobile devices Chromecast transmits wirelessly Wi-Fi.
To transfer content from an iPhone via Cromecast, you need to do the following steps:
- Install the Google Home application on the iPhone. Please note that for successful installation of this application, the version of the operating system iOS1 or higher is required.
- You must have a Google account, as well as an HDMI connector on the TV or an adapter for it, as well as a Wi-Fi network to which the Chromecast itself and the iPhone will be connected. If you do not know where the HDMI connector is on the TV, then check the manufacturer’s instructions for the TV.
- Go to the installed Google Home application on the iPhone and connect through it to the Chromecast via a Wi-Fi network. Please note that the iPhone and Chromecast must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
It is also worth mentioning that you cannot view any content on this device. Only YouTube, Google Movies and Google Music will be available. Using this connection method, the iPhone screen cannot be duplicated on the TV screen, unlike Apple TV. Chromecast does an excellent job of streaming photos and videos, but you need to purchase the paid version of the program to view videos and photos in Full HD quality. How to connect iPhone to TV Xiaomi Mi Led TV P1 – video instruction: https://youtu.be/6UJExobWFXs
We broadcast YouTube videos on TV via iPhone
Many modern TVs have a Smart TV function. With this function, you can watch movies, videos and listen to music without using third-party devices as a source. However, it is not always convenient to search for the desired video on YouTube using the TV remote control. In this case, you can turn on the video on the iPhone and watch it on the TV. It is worth noting that this method is strictly suitable only for those TVs that have the ability to run the YouTube application. To connect an iPhone to a TV via YouTube, you need:
- Launch the YouTube app on your TV and iPhone.
- Click on the rectangle with waves at the top of the screen on the iPhone and select the TV you need to connect from the list of devices available for connection, or start the video on the iPhone and again select the TV you need to connect from the list of devices available for connection. Please note that the iPhone and TV must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
- After connecting your iPhone to the YouTube app on your TV, select the video you want to play. It will automatically start playing on the TV.
It should be noted that the video is not broadcast directly from the iPhone. The iPhone only “tells” the TV which video needs to be turned on, and the TV downloads this video from the Internet via Wi-Fi. If you did not see your TV in the list of devices suggested for connection, follow these steps:
- Follow the first step from the previous instructions.
- In the YouTube app on your TV, go to Settings – Connect Phone to TV.
- Check the box “Manual”.
- In the YouTube app on your smartphone, go to Settings – Connect Phone to TV.
- Select “View on TV” and write in the input field the code that you see on the TV.
After the actions taken, the TV and iPhone are synchronized manually. You can watch videos on this video hosting in the same way as in the case of automatic connection. Each of the above methods contains both advantages and disadvantages. However, the choice of how to connect an iPhone to a TV primarily depends on the capabilities of Smart TV. The cheapest and easiest option is to connect via DLNA. With this type of connection between the iPhone and the TV, you only need a Wi-Fi module and a network to which you have access. This method does not imply the installation of any additional programs and other software, since DLNA capabilities exist in all modern TVs by default.Connecting using HDMI is expensive – you need to purchase a transmitter that will allow you to transfer images from your iPhone to your TV. Google Chromecast Transmitter for iPhone / iPad / iPod / Mac:
However, data transmission can be carried out without restrictions in speed and quality. Please note that additional software must be installed to use this method.
Using an Apple TV is a very simple and expensive option at the same time. This set-top box costs more than 10,000 rubles, and in the case of the third generation Apple TV, you will have to pay about 3,000 rubles. But, along with these shortcomings, Apple TV is perfect for Apple users, and in particular for iPhone users.
The Chromecast player is relatively inexpensive, but it has a number of limitations and disadvantages in the form of a small number of Internet resources available. Also, some users of this device often experience loss of connection with Chromecast. Connecting using a USB cable is probably the easiest way to connect your iPhone to your TV. But this method has serious limitations. Using a USB cable, you can only download any individual video or photo files to the TV, it is impossible to broadcast the screen or video, as is the case with AppleTV or AirPlay. AirPlay looks the most advantageous for Apple technology users. If you do not have an Apple TV, but have a TV with Smart TV function, then you can use this TV along with the AirPlay data transfer protocol. But,before trying to use this connection method, you should check the AirPlay support on the TV on the manufacturer’s website or view this information in the instructions that came with the TV.