Yandex smart speakers have a built-in voice assistant and have many functions – they will find the desired program on TV, help you find out where your smartphone is, and turn on the alarm. They also remind of events, tell the weather, read fairy tales to children, and much more. To connect Yandex.Station to your phone, you need to perform several consecutive steps.
- 1 Step-by-step instructions for connecting Yandex.Station to the phone
- 2 How to connect Yandex.Station to the phone as a Bluetooth speaker without WiFi and Internet?
- 3 Is it possible to configure Yandex.Station “Alice” without a phone?
- 4 Yandex.Station management and settings
- 4.1 Volume setting
- 4.2 How do I reboot?
- 4.3 How to get to know Alice so that she remembers the owner’s voice and recognizes it?
- 4.4 How do I change the phrase for calling the voice assistant?
- 4.5 How to make a call from Yandex.Station to the phone?
- 4.6 Full factory reset (zeroing)
- 4.7 How do I disconnect Yandex.Station from my phone?
- 5 Possible problems and solutions
Step-by-step instructions for connecting Yandex.Station to the phone
Methods for connecting Yandex.Station differ from connecting other devices. In addition to the speaker itself, you will also need a smartphone with the Yandex – with Alice application installed. This program is available for Android and iOS operating systems in Google Play and App Store, respectively.
Perform the following preparatory steps to manage device settings:
- Go to the Yandex – with Alice application on your smartphone.
- Go to the menu item “Devices”.
- Find the gear icon and click on it.
- Select the desired settings and apply the changes.
Here you can change the passphrase for activation (item “Phrase for calling the assistant”), set up filtering of the issued content (item “Search mode”), and also disconnect devices in the “Unlink device” section.
Connect your phone to the Internet via Wi-Fi
The first step is to connect your phone to a Wi-Fi network. To do this, do the following:
- Swipe down on the screen to open the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Click the Wi-Fi icon on the pop-up tab.
- Select the desired network and click the connect button. Enter the password (usually written on the router) if required.
- Wait for the network connection (the icon appears in the Wi-Fi status bar).
Yandex.Station cannot connect to several phones at the same time, because it can only use one account.
Download the application for Yandex.Station on your phone
After the mobile device is connected to the network, download the Yandex – with Alice application. For this:
- Go to the online service Play Market or App Store.
- Enter “Yandex – with Alice” in the search box.
- Select the one you want from the drop-down list of applications.
- Click the Install button.
- Wait for the download to complete.
The application installed on the phone will be a kind of remote control for the connected smart speaker. It also works the other way around.
Connect Yandex.Station to a smartphone with the application installed
When the phone is connected to the network and the application is downloaded to it, you need to go to the main thing – connecting the speaker itself to the phone. To do this, do the following:
- Connect the speaker to an outlet using the USB-C cable and power adapter supplied with the Station.
- Log into your account.
- Open the main menu. To do this, in the bottom panel of the application, click on the icon in the form of 4 squares.
- Find the item “Devices” among other icons and go to it.
- Click “Device Management” and select your Station from the list that appears. If the page is blank, click on the plus sign in the lower right corner to add a column.
- Put the mobile phone / bring it as close to the speaker as possible and press the button responsible for playing the sound.
- Wait for the notification from Alice.
Video instructions for connecting:
How to connect Yandex.Station to the phone as a Bluetooth speaker without WiFi and Internet?
For such a connection, you must first turn on the Bluetooth module. On the speaker, this can be done in two ways – by telling Alice the words “turn on Bluetooth” or by pressing and holding the on / off button until the LED flashes blue. Then:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone by going to the appropriate settings.
- On your phone, select Yandex.Station from the list of available devices for connection.
- Click the “Connect” button.
This method can also be used when Yandex.Station is connected to a computer or laptop.
Is it possible to configure Yandex.Station “Alice” without a phone?
All initial setup of the workstation is done only using the mobile application. It is impossible to load the speaker for the first time without a phone. However, you can use a regular browser to make additional settings.
Yandex.Station management and settings
In addition to the usual equipment settings, sometimes situations arise that require more complex actions. For example, if Yandex.Station fails, you may need to restart all settings or completely reset them.
Yandex.Station has several volume levels – from 1 to 10. They have the following gradation:
- 1-2 is the lowest level, muffled sound.
- 3-4 – quiet sound production.
- 5-8 is the standard sound level.
- 9-10 is the maximum volume.
To make it louder, say the command: “Alice, volume on …” (instead of three dots – one of the numbers), or turn the illuminated disc with your hand. Its color will change slightly to match the selected volume. The device also remembers the last volume you set.
How do I reboot?
To restart Yandex.Station, disconnect the device from the power source for five seconds, then reconnect it and wait until the download is complete (when the purple indicator on the top panel of the device goes out).
How to get to know Alice so that she remembers the owner’s voice and recognizes it?
If the smart device is used not only by you, but also by your family, friends and acquaintances, you can instruct the voice assistant to memorize your voice specifically. After that, he will make recommendations in Yandex.Music, focusing only on your requests. To get acquainted with the voice assistant, do the following:
- Say, “Alice, remember my voice.”
- Repeat the few phrases that the assistant will say to you.
- Ask the column: “What is my name?” – the assistant will say your name.
Smart speakers can only memorize the voice of one person. Therefore, the first to “get acquainted” with Alice should be the one who is her main user (whose personal profile will be used to manage the tool).
How do I change the phrase for calling the voice assistant?
To change the phrase for calling the voice assistant, you need to follow several steps. Namely:
- Launch the Yandex application on your smartphone and click the “Device” item in the menu. You can also open the settings in your browser.
- Click on the icon with the name “Alice’s Skills” and select “Phrase to call the assistant.”
- Browse through the options available and check the one you like best.
How to make a call from Yandex.Station to the phone?
Another interesting feature of the speaker is the ability to call a Yandex station connected to the Internet. But for this, the Yandex.Messenger application must be installed on the phone that controls it.
Full factory reset (zeroing)
It happens that for some reason you need to reset the factory settings. In this case, follow these simple steps:
- Disconnect the power adapter.
- Press and hold the activation button, do not release it.
- Plug in the power adapter.
- Wait 5-10 seconds, then release the activation button. After that, the light ring should light up.
- Connect the speaker to the Internet.
This process can take up to 10 minutes.
How do I disconnect Yandex.Station from my phone?
Depending on how you made your purchase, the Station will be linked to the account you used for the first time or to the account you subscribe to. In the second case, when the account is unlinked, the column will stop working (that is, you cannot transfer it to someone else until the end of the subscription period).
Stations purchased in stores do not have this limitation: to sell or donate a device, simply perform the unlinking process. All your subscriptions will remain linked to your account – you can still use them in Yandex services.
To unbind a Station, do the following:
- Open the home screen of the smart device in the app.
- Say, “Alice, tune the column.”
- Go to the “Devices” section in the app.
- On the page that opens, select a station from the list of devices.
- Click the Unlink Device button.
After that, the new user can activate the station and connect it to his account. To do this, you need to perform a normal connection (as at the beginning of the article).
Possible problems and solutions
If you have any problems connecting Yandex.Station, you can contact the support service. This can be done in several ways:
- write to the support chat – https://yandex.ru/chat?build=chamb&guid=bde37cf3-eb59-4f93-8e5b-1809858a9ac1;
- call the call center by phone +78006007811 (you can contact support every day from 07:00 to 00:00 Moscow time, calls within Russia are free).
Below we will analyze the most common problems and how to solve them.
Typically, users have no connection problems and can do this the first time. But if you suddenly get a connection error, do the following:
- Place the phone next to the station and click the “Play sound again” button.
- To reconnect to the Internet, click the “Restart” / “Start Over” button and carefully enter the network password from the Internet.
If you also failed to connect a second time, you need to contact the Yandex Service Center.
For a successful connection, the phone and the station must be connected to the same network.
The station does not turn on
To understand that the station does not turn on is simple – the light ring does not change color and, in principle, nothing happens. In this case:
- Check the power adapter – it is advisable to use the one that came with the station. The adapter must be properly connected to the device.
- Check that the outlet is working by connecting another device to it (for example, charge your phone).
The app does not find Wi-Fi
If the app does not see the home network, you should check if the phone and the app itself have location access. If the application does not catch Wi-Fi distributed by your smartphone, you should do the following:
- Turn on Wi-Fi, then turn it off.
- Turn on the access point again.
- Connect to a hidden network by entering its username and password. This option may be called Manual Setup, New Network, Other, and so on.
Alice says “No internet connection” / “Film jammed”
If the column says there is no connection or says that the tape is jammed, try to reserve an IP for the MAC address of the station. For this:
- Enter the IP address of the router in the browser search bar and press Enter. Usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 is used as the address. Login data: login – admin, and password – admin.
- Find the DHCP item in the settings – usually located in the main section, in the “Network” or “Internet”.
- Find the speaker to be connected in the list of connected devices. The reserved MAC address and IP address are displayed next to it.
- In manual mode, set the IP address – the last number should be in the range from 2 to 254.
- Save changes and reboot the station.
You don’t need to have a lot of IT knowledge to connect Yandex.Station to your phone. It is enough to follow a few simple steps following our instructions. If during the connection process there were problems and you could not solve them on your own, you can always contact the support service.