The best Android Smart TV apps will help you get the most out of your smart TVs. This platform is built into most modern TVs and multimedia set-top boxes.
Now you can not only watch your favorite programs on the air, but also enjoy watching
interactive television , connect
video services and
online cinemas , play games, check the weather and flip through social networks.
- 1 Smart TV Android – what is it
- 2 What TVs work on Smart TV Android
- 3 How to install apps widgets for Smart TV Android
- 4 What applications are there for Smart TV Android – the best for watching videos and other widgets
- 5 Possible problems when installing applications and widgets on Smart TV Android – their solution
- 6 How to uninstall an app from your Android Smart TV
- 7 Tips and Secrets
Smart TV Android – what is it
Smart TV is an operating system designed to connect your TV to the Internet. Using this technology, you can view video content and download useful widgets. The platform was launched in 2015 with Chromecast support
The connection is made using the Wi-Fi standard or using a network adapter. The peculiarity of this version of the OS from the shell for mobile gadgets lies in the stripped-down functionality. However, this can be explained by the desire of the developers to provide convenient control by means of the
remote control . The set-top box is connected to the TV receiver via an HDMI cable. After that, you can start downloading applications for smart tv android.
The set-top box is connected to a TV using HDMI [/ caption] A TV device equipped with this option gets enhanced capabilities compared to terrestrial TV broadcasting. Android receivers allow predominantly free applications to be installed
. The TV turns into a “smart” device. Also, this system provides access to all Google services. After logging into your account, you can download applications from the Android Smart TV app store via Google Play. The programs are adapted for widescreen displays. The main advantage of this shell is the presence of a pre-installed Play Store (https://play.google.com/store?gl=ru). From here you can download useful applications for Smart TV Android, which are supported by smart TVs.
In addition, Android TV is a whole digital ecosystem. Using this shell, you can configure synchronization on multiple devices with the same OS. In this way, it is convenient to organize the transfer of various data, turn on the transmission of pictures and audio, and provide remote control.
What TVs work on Smart TV Android
This platform is used by many well-known TV device manufacturers. In particular, Android TV is embedded in Sony, Xiaomi, Philips and others.
Google play on Philips TV [/ caption] There is a sufficient number of smart TVs and smart set-top boxes on sale, differing in functionality and technical characteristics.
Android prefixes [/ caption]
How to install apps widgets for Smart TV Android
Applications for the Smart TV Android set-top box are installed as follows:
- Format the flash drive to the FAT file system. When installing third-party applications, you need to format the flash drive initially [/ caption]
- Create a folder called “userwidget” in the root directory.
- Move there the zipped ZIP archives of widgets with APK files inside. apk file [/ caption]
- Launch Smart TV and connect the flash drive to the TV receiver by inserting it into the USB connector.
After completing these steps, the installation of applications, the installation files of which were copied to the root of the removable media, will start automatically. At the end of the installation procedure, new widgets will appear in the Smart TV menu.
Another way is to download content from the Play Market application store. You can find a suitable software by searching or studying the catalog. After installing programs adapted for TV, they will be available to run on TV.
What applications are there for Smart TV Android – the best for watching videos and other widgets
The top apps for Smart TV Android are compiled taking into account the usefulness and positive feedback from the owners of television devices.
Watching movies and TV series
- Zona is the best free software for watching fresh video content. All new movies and TV series are available here in Full HD resolution with a choice of voice acting. This software provides fast file download speed. You can watch the video without waiting for the download to complete.
You can also enable notifications of movie premieres, mark watched, apply filters for easy searches, and add your favorite movies to favorites. In addition, the Zona has sections with radio stations, TV channels, games and sports broadcasts.
- Smart YouTube TV is an alternative client of the most popular video hosting service. Unlike the official version, there are no ads here at all and no premium subscription is required. The software provides a high quality image displayed on the screen.
- Kodi is a fully functional media center that works on all platforms and is adapted for TV. With this widget, you can play media files, start TV broadcasts and interactive TV, download torrent files and use cloud storage. The program is free, but requires complex configuration.
- HD Video Box – the widget allows you to view an extensive catalog of movies and TV series. You will need to use a third-party media player to run the content. With descriptions and trailers available, it’s easier to find a movie for yourself. The free version contains ads.
Watching TV channels on android tv with widgets and apps
- Lime HD TV – the application broadcasts over a hundred TV channels. Also here you can watch the program for 5 days and watch the past TV programs in recording. This program is free, but contains ads.
- SPB TV – after installing this widget, you will have access to watching free Russian-language TV channels. Advertisements pop up in the free version. Here you can add your favorite TV channels to the “Favorites” section, start recording programs and pause.
- Light HD TV is a free application for watching over 150 TV channels. With a stable network connection, you can enjoy TV on the big screen. The app contains a program guide, a list of favorites and a choice of broadcast quality.
Top video games for Smart TV Android
- Asphalt 8 is a popular racing game that is easy to control from a gamepad. Here you can race on 70 tracks with different levels of difficulty. Offline and online modes are available. When connected to one Wi-Fi, you can play in multiplayer mode.
- GTA: San Andreas – the essence lies in the passage of missions in the city. The hacked version allows you to pass the levels of the legendary game. This platform supports gamepad control.
- Dead Trigger 2 is a survival video game that can be played with a gamepad. It features a thoughtful design of the post-apocalyptic world. The player is invited to complete tasks and defend against zombies.
- The Weather Network is a widget designed specifically for smart TVs. In it you can see the weather for the next two weeks. The program also tracks temperature changes by the hour.
- YoWindow Weather is a beautiful weather visualization application. The program can display weather data on the landscapes of a particular city. Animated wallpapers and an accurate forecast for the upcoming 14 days are available.
Best media players
- VLC Media Player is a universal player that supports all possible formats. Also, this free software allows you to work with subtitles and streaming. It also contains a built-in equalizer, media sorting tools and a picture-in-picture playback mode.
- MX Player is a media player designed to play content in ultra-high quality. Thanks to the built-in decoder and hardware acceleration, the video will play without lag. This utility supports almost all codecs and media formats. In addition, it has a friendly interface.
Possible problems when installing applications and widgets on Smart TV Android – their solution
To download applications for Android Smart TV, you need to make sure that you have memory on the drive and that your Internet connection is fast enough. Also, the installed program must be compatible with the Android TV OS. Another reason could be the ban on downloading from unverified sources. Therefore, you should deselect this item in the security settings. The next reason is the presence of virus software in the downloaded file. To check this, you need to start the TV in Safe Mode. If this is the case, then you will have to delete the recently downloaded widget.
Applications on android smart TV [/ caption] The solution to the problem can be the reboot of the TV device, performed by holding the power button for a long time. Then you need to disconnect the device from the outlet, and then reconnect the TV. Running a “Software Update” can also help. When installing the latest versions of applications, the errors that occur should disappear. In the future, it is recommended to check the release of updates. TV for Smart TV Android: find and download the best apps for the end of 2021: https://youtu.be/SmPbBiFZDX4
How to uninstall an app from your Android Smart TV
The algorithm for removing unnecessary widgets includes:
- Open the application menu by pressing the key of the same name.
- Highlight the widget to be deleted.
- Available actions will be displayed in the upper right corner, among which you must select “Change”.
- After that, a list of possible options will appear, where you will need to click on “Delete”, and confirm the action by clicking on OK.
Step-by-step instructions on how to
uninstall an application on Smart TV .
Tips and Secrets
Television receivers running the Android TV version, as well as smartphones with this OS, have preinstalled applications. However, not all of them are needed by the user. In addition, such programs take up storage space. To get rid of them, you need to configure root rights. If the required software is not available in the application store, you should continue searching on third-party resources. Installation files and hacked versions of paid programs are often published on thematic forums. For convenient control of the TV receiver, you can install a utility on your phone
that will replace the remote control . To do this, just download Android TV Remote Control, which contains the main buttons.
Remote Control for TV [/ caption] If you run out of free memory, you can connect an external storage device to expand it. In this case, the drive must be compatible with the device used.