Canceling your Wink subscription is easy and fast on any device, be it a TV, PC or smartphone. In this article, we will take a closer look at how to deactivate a subscription directly on the Wink website itself, on LG / Samsung Smart TVs, iOS / Apple TV, as well as on Android / Android TV.
- 1 What is a Wink subscription?
- 2 Ways to disable the Wink service
- 3 Additionally
What is a Wink subscription?
Wink is a service from Rostelecom, which is currently the largest digital service provider in Russia. This service is available on various devices, you can choose for viewing the one that is convenient for you personally. Namely, viewing is available on:
- TV platforms Smart TV Samsung, Apple TV and Android TV;
- smartphones with iOS or Android operating systems;
- tablets with iOS or Android system;
- PC with Internet access (OS does not matter).
A Wink subscription is a unique subscription that gives its owner the ability to watch movies, TV shows and series for a fee.
You can independently decide which subscription to choose: for amateurs (more than 100 channels + 1000 films and series), for moviegoers (without TV channels, but with 1500 films and series) or for connoisseurs (almost 150 TV channels + 5000 films and serials).
Ways to disable the Wink service
The steps taken to deactivate a subscription depend on which device the user is using to view content on the Wink subscription.
On the Wink website
This method can be used in any case: regardless of whether you are watching content on TV, computer or phone / tablet. Having previously entered the website https://wink.rt.ru/ under your credentials, do the following:
- Go to the “Subscriptions” tab located on the top menu bar. All current subscriptions connected to the account you are logged into will be displayed in front of you.
- Select the subscription that you want to disable (if you want to disable everything, you need to do this sequentially – one at a time, you cannot cancel all subscriptions at once). To do this, click on the subscription expiration date – “Active until …”.
- Another page will open – here it is detailed what is included in the selected subscription, its name, expiration date, etc. You need the button “Disable subscription”, click it.
The confirmation of the successful operation will be the received notification about the disconnection of the service. But this does not mean that the paid package will simply disappear. You will be able to watch content by subscription until the end of the paid period. Then it will expire and will not be renewed automatically.
If, when you go to the active subscription card, there is no “Disable” button, the automatic renewal of the service is already disabled and you do not need to take any additional action.
On Smart TV for LG / Samsung
Disabling a subscription from the Wink service on LG Smart TVs and Samsung Smart TVs is no different globally. Unless – with minor details in the individual interfaces of the indicated brands. To deactivate your subscription on any Smart TV, do the following:
- Go to the menu of your TV and go to the “Mine” section.
- The item “Subscription management” will appear, in which it is possible to both activate and deactivate packages and other services – select it.
- Find the active subscription you want to unsubscribe from in the list. Having found it, click on the “Subscription Contents” button. On the page that opens, in the right large block, click on “Disable”.
- A notification will appear where you need to click “Confirm”. If you accidentally chose the wrong subscription to disable, it’s not too late to fix everything – click on the “Back” option.
After the above steps, your subscription will be canceled.
On Android / Android TV
On a smartphone with Android OS and Android TV, you can disable Wink through the Google Play Market program, and in this case, the disconnection process for both devices will be the same. Disabling Wink via the Play Market app:
- Go to the settings on your TV receiver and go to the Play Market.
- Go to the “My Apps” section located in the block on the left and select the “Wink” online platform from the list. On the page where you will be directed, click the “Unsubscribe” button.
- Confirm the cancellation of the subscription by clicking on the corresponding button.
If, for some reason, the Play Market application is not available on Android TV, follow the same steps through the store’s website. On it, you need to log in using the data of the account from which the subscription was made.
IOS / Apple TV
Turning off a Wink subscription on an iOS phone and Apple TV is also no different. And it is also not difficult. The process of disabling the platform on Apple TV:
- Go to your TV menu and then to Apple TV settings.
- Select the line “Users and accounts” or just “Accounts” (may vary depending on the OS version).
- At the very bottom there will be a section “Subscriptions” in which you need to click on the line “Manage subscriptions”. Select the Wink app from the list that appears and click the “Unsubscribe” button.
After these actions, it remains to click “OK” in the pop-up notification and the subscription will be disabled.
Additional points related to disabling the Wink service.
How do I delete my Wink account?
To delete your movie platform account, please email Wink’s technical support representatives at email@example.com. A request to delete an account is made in a free form. Mandatory conditions:
- write from the mail that is attached to your account on the platform;
- indicate the reason for the deletion.
How do I return the default interface / exit the Wink service?
It happens that you don’t want to give up the Wink service and turn it off completely, but at the same time using its interface on TV is not very comfortable. This is especially true for the elderly and simply for those who do not love, and take it hard, changes. Can the old interface be brought back? Yes, you can. It doesn’t take a lot of effort to get the interface back while continuing to use the movie platform. You just need to follow a couple of steps:
- Go to the menu of your TV and select the item called “Mine”, which is located on the top plate.
- Click on “My Settings” located in the lower right corner.
- Several icons will appear in front of you. You need to select the rightmost one – “Software Update”.
- Of the three options that appear on the page, click on the “Return to the old interface” button. Click “OK” in the pop-up tab.
- The success of the operation will be confirmed by a corresponding notification. Next, the TV device will automatically reboot. You don’t need to press anything.
Wait a little while the system finishes returning to the old settings (usually it takes no more than 10 minutes), and you can use the TV with the usual design.
Refunds for purchases through the Play Market and App Store
If less than two days (48 hours) have passed since the purchase of the application / payment for the subscription through Google Play, you have the right to request a refund. Usually, platform specialists make a decision on the issue and return the money within 15 minutes, but with a heavy workload, it can take up to 4 business days. Google Play Refund Process (GP):
- Open GP in a browser and log into your account.
- Click on the “gear” located in the upper right corner, and select the line “My account” from the drop-down list.
- All your recent purchases will appear in front of you. Find the Wink app among them, click on the three dots on the right, and then click Report a Problem.
- Click on the line with the arrow and select the “Refund” option, and then note the reason for the return. Describe everything in as much detail as possible. After Google reviews your application, the money will be returned to the account from which the payment was made.
It’s much more complicated through the App Store:
- Launch iTunes, log into your account and go to the menu.
- Click on the “Account” line in the right column. You will be taken to the account information page, where you can view your purchase history and complete the return process.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and in the Purchase History section, select See All.
- Find Wink in the list of recent purchases and click on the arrow to the left of the program name. Then click on “Report a problem” (the button is at the bottom).
- You will either immediately see a window in which you need to describe the problem, or a separate page in the browser with an input field (depending on the version of iTunes you are using). Describe the reason for the return and submit the form.
Apple makes refunds for purchases / subscriptions less frequently than Google Play. More often than not, they approve an application if the purchase was made in error (the icons of this application and the one you were about to download are similar) or if the application does not work on your device. If you follow the instructions provided, you can quickly and easily deactivate your Wink Smart, Apple or Android TV subscription. There are times when the user is satisfied with the cinema platform itself, but it is inconvenient for him to use its interface, and he thinks about switching to another service. It is not necessary to do this, in the settings you can return the old TV design in a couple of clicks.