Okko is an application with which you can watch the best new films and TV shows from leading film studios at the same time with the whole world. And also old, but favorite pictures. The program can be downloaded not only to a TV and PC, but also to a smartphone with Android OS.
Okko app characteristics
The main characteristics of the Okko application are presented in the table.
|Release date||November 10, 2012|
|App compatibility||Android 4.x, Android 5.x, Android 6.x, Android 7.x, Android 8.x, Android 9.x, Android 10.x|
|In-app purchases||from 30 to 719 rubles per item|
|Number of downloads||more than 10 million|
|Required access permissions||contacts, memory, receiving data via Wi-Fi|
Description and main features of the application
Okko is the first online cinema in Russia that provides viewers with the opportunity to watch films with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Plus sound. Watch movies in HDR, 3D, and Ultra HD 4K. No ads, no distractions – just you and the movie.
By installing this program on your phone, you will get access to a large amount of high-quality Russian-language video content. Including world film premieres, in Russia which are not yet available to the average viewer. The main distinguishing features of the program:
- a large number of the world’s best films and TV series in excellent quality;
- the program has more than 8 subscription options and you can access only the content you need – comedies, action films, drama, detective stories, science fiction, children’s films and cartoons, educational videos, etc.;
- knows how to recommend films to the user based on the ones they watched;
- the current version of the program has the function of downloading movies directly to the memory of mobile devices for offline viewing;
- it is possible to connect up to 5 devices to one account.
Facts about Okko:
- the program includes more than 60,000 different films, cartoons and TV series;
- Okko’s monthly audience is almost 3 million people;
- more than 20 million unique users have visited the program since its launch.
The video content in the application can be viewed only in Russia. To watch your favorite movies and TV shows while traveling abroad, you must first download them to the device memory.
Installing Okko app on OS Android
There are 2 ways in which you can install Okko on Android: through the Play Market and from third-party resources.
Okko android tv Via Play Market
Installing an application on Android through the Play Store is the safest. Instructions for downloading Okko on Android:
- Go to the official OC store at this link – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.more.play.
- Click the “Install” button and wait for the download to finish. It will take no more than a couple of minutes.
- Open the application through Play Mark or through a shortcut on the desktop.
- If you are in Okko for the first time, click “Continue” – the registration form will open. Fill in the lines and click “Create an account”. Then go to the mail indicated in the questionnaire and confirm the registration.
- If you have an account in the program, click “Already have an account.” Enter your registration information and click “Login”. If you have lost your password, click the “Forgot your password?” and restore it following the instructions in the app. You can also go through social networks.
Installation is complete, you can start using the application.
Through a third-party resource
This method can be used when it is impossible to install Okko using the traditional method – through the Play Market (the reasons may be different). By default, all Android devices block the installation of applications from third-party sources (such are any files downloaded from outside the Market). To disable the feature:
- Go to the device settings and find the item “Security / Privacy” in the menu.
- In the menu that appears, find the item “Unknown sources”, then select it.
- A small window will appear in which you need to click “OK”. After that, you can freely download and install the file.
- Download the installation .apk file from the link – https://androidapplications.ru/download/3959/file-51804/. The downloaded file can be found in the “Downloads” or “download” folder.
- Open the file. A window will appear in which you need to click “Install”. In the same window, you will see all the rights and permissions granted to the application, in other words, what resources and data the program will use.
- After the installation is complete, you can immediately launch the application. You will find the shortcut in the menu or on the desktop. Further steps are identical to the previous instructions.
Video instructions for installing any program via the .apk file:
If you see an “Invalid Syntax” error message, the application is incompatible with your firmware version.
Possible download problems
There are not many problems that may arise when downloading Okko to a phone with an Android OS. Here are the main ones:
- Error code 1. The problem is in the device itself and its firmware. Update to the latest version and run the program again.
- Error code 2. There is a problem with the Internet connection. Check your connection speed, restart your router, or if it doesn’t help, contact your ISP.
- Error code 3. Often there is nothing serious behind this error and the problem can be solved by restarting the device and updating the software. If this does not help, the device does not support the program. If you have already paid for the subscription, contact technical support and you will receive a refund.
In case of any problems during installation and questions about the application, you can contact technical support by writing to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 88007005533. Including if the code does not come to your phone during registration or password recovery.
Additional information that may come in handy.
Is it possible to display Okko image from phone to TV?
Yes, the image from the phone to the TV can be displayed. But on condition that it has Smart TV. For this:
- Go to your personal account by clicking on the round icon in the upper right corner.
- Click on the line “My devices”.
- Click the “Connect” button. Then you can watch the video from your phone on the big screen.
How do I enter a promo code?
To enter a promo code, go to your personal account. Then:
- Click “Payment for services”.
- Click on the “Enter Gift Code” button. A form will appear in which you need to enter the promotional code and then click “Finish”.
How to untie the card?
How to remove a subscription?
To unsubscribe from a connected subscription, go to your account in the “Subscriptions” tab. There you will find all the connected packages and you can disable them one by one by clicking the corresponding button.
On the Internet, you can find a hacked version of the Okko application, in the form of an .apk file. In this case, you will not have to pay for any subscription. But such an application can be dangerous for the phone – there is no guarantee that there are no viruses in the file. Therefore, by saving a couple of hundred rubles, you can get more damage than good.
I liked the platform, but in contrast there is IVI, where prices are several times cheaper. But they also have their own shortcomings, which are not in Okko. Here, the interface is more convenient and, in general, use, viewing.
Yuri Tarannikov, Moscow .
I switched from Kinopoisk to this application. In principle, everything is fine. Convenient management of subscriptions, account, communication with support, but there are little things that cause inconvenience. For example, you cannot look at what moment you stopped and continue watching from it. Alexander Mikhailov, Novosibirsk
Convenient and beautiful online cinema. The phone is all right. But when you display the image from it on the TV, there are often freezes while watching. I have to restart the movie several times. Ekaterina Chernova, Perm
There is nothing difficult in downloading Okko to a phone with Android OS. This procedure is quick and can be performed in two ways. The safest one is through the Play Market. But if, for some reason, downloading through the official store fails, you can install via the .apk file.