What are third-party applications on Smart TV Samsung Tizen and how to install unofficial widgets on Smart TV Samsung – we understand and implement.Smart TV users get at their disposal not only a television receiver, but also a full-fledged computer. There are certain apps available from the start, but some may not be enough. In this case, it is possible to use the branded application store. However, users may also be interested in programs that are thus not available. In this case, you need to download programs from third-party sources. In this case, there is a special installation procedure. When using third-party programs, remember that the user installs them at his own peril and risk. It is necessary to download only from those sites that he trusts.
Third-party programs and widgets extend the functionality of
Samsung Smart TVhowever, there is a risk that they will not work properly, as they usually do not pass testing.
The process of installing third-party applications on Smart TVs powered by Tizen
Before installing unofficial applications, you need to adjust the settings in order for the operating system to allow the installation of new programs. This is done in two steps. First you need to activate the installation option. This is done in this way:
- You need to open the settings.
- Then you need to go to the “Personal” section.
- You need to go to the “Security” subsection.
- In the list, you need to find a line related to the installation of applications from third-party sources and activate this option by specifying the value “Enabled”.
After that, you need to start developer mode. To do this, you need to take the following steps:
- Open the menu.
- Go to Smart Hub. Smart Hub [/ caption]
- Open “Apps”.
- Now you need to enter 5 digits – the Samsung Smart TV pin code. If it has not been changed, then we are talking about one of two combinations: “00000” or “12345”.
- The developer mode is activated by clicking on “On”.
- Next, you need to specify the IP address of your home computer.
- After that, you need to restart the TV.
You can find out the IP address of your computer by going to the control panel. To do this, go to the “Network and Sharing Management” section. Next, you need to select a connection and click on it with the left mouse button. In the form that opens, click on the properties button. In the window that opens, you need to find the line “IPv4 address”, which will indicate the IP address of the computer.
Now developer mode will be activated and the ability to install third-party applications will open. How to install third-party applications on Smart TV Samsung Tizen from a flash drive In order to install the necessary programs, you must do the following:
- You need to find a suitable application and download the installation file from the Internet. To do this, you can use any convenient browser. Launch apk file [/ caption]
- If the apk file has been downloaded to your computer, you need to copy it to a USB flash drive, which is previously inserted into the USB connector.
- The USB flash drive is removed from the connector and inserted into the one on the Smart TV set-top box.
- After launching the Tizen operating system, open the device and find the desired apk file.
- Then it is launched, initiating the installation procedure.
- During the installation process of the application, you need to follow the instructions on the screen.
Installing third-party applications using Tizen Studio
After that, the icon of the new application will appear on the screen, and the user will be able to work with it. Also for this purpose, you can use Tizen Studio – an environment for application developers of this operating system. This method will be more convenient than the previous one. It is suitable for those who have a personal computer or laptop running Windows. First of all, you need to install Tizen Studio. You must first install Java. This can be done at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html. Next, you need to download Tizen Studio. This requires going to https://developer.tizen.org/development/tizen-studio/download. You need to choose the option that matches the bitness of the Windows operating system you are using.You need to download the version with the IDE installer.
After starting the installer, you must follow all the necessary instructions. In particular, you must specify the directory where the program will be installed. After installing the program, you must additionally install the necessary components. To do this, you need to run package-manager.exe. It can be found in the folder where the program is installed. Once launched, the Main SDK tab will show a list of available items.
From the list provided, you need to select and install Tizen SDK Studio. To do this, you need to click on the appropriate button. Next, you need to open the Extension SDK tab. Select Extras from the list that opens. Next, you need to wait until the end of the installation procedure. In order to fully use Tizen Studio, you need to go through the registration procedure at https://developer.samsung.com/smarttv/develop. How to install unofficial third-party applications on Smart TV Samsung Tizen: https://youtu.be/YNjrCoCt-Xw Next, you need to follow these steps:
- Find out the IP address of the computer. This can be done through the “Control Panel” and the “Network and Sharing Management” section as described in detail above.
- You need to go to Smart Hub, then to Apps. Samsung Apps [/ caption]
- Next, you need to enter a combination of numbers. If the user has not changed the PIN code of Smart TV, then we are talking about the combinations “12345” or “00000”. when setting your own password, you need to take the one that is stored by the user.
- The switch is set to the “On” position.
- A field for entering the IP-address, which was defined earlier, opens. After his instructions click on
Next, the TV restarts. After that, Developer Mode will additionally appear on the TV screen. Then the user takes the following steps:
- Login to your account
- You need to go to the menu. On the Network Status page, you can see the IP address of the TV.
- Now you need to interrupt and go to the computer where the Tizen OS setup with the necessary additional components was recently completed.
- You need to click on the Connect to TV button, then enter the TV address, the Name field is filled in at your discretion. When all the data has been entered, you need to click on the “Add” button.
- After that, a line with connection data appears in the Remote device manager. In it, you need to turn the switch to the “ON” position.
Next, you need to create a certificate. In Tools go to Certificat Manager. A form will open in which it will be created. To do this, you need to click on the “+” sign.
After that, a window will open in which you need to select Tizen.
You will need to specify the name of the certificate. It can be arbitrary. After that, you need to click on Next twice. After that, the page for entering parameters will open. The user must enter the parameters on it: “Key filename”, “Author Name” and a password, which must be repeated twice. Then again you need to click Next, then Finish.
Now you need to go directly to the installation. To do this, the user must start by creating a new project. You need to click on the leftmost icon in the menu, which shows a folder and a plus sign. In the opened form, click on Template.
Select Custom on the next page. Further point to “TV-samsung v3.0” or “TV-samsung v4.0”.
This will create a corresponding project template. Next, you will be given a choice between “Native Application” or “Web Application”. Next, the user must select “Basic Project” and come up with a name for it. After clicking on the Finish button, a new project will be created. Now you need to download the application as an archive and unpack it. These files are copied into the newly created project. After that, launch it. To do this, select Run As from the menu, then click on Tizen Web Application.
After that, the program will be installed on the TV. Installing third-party widgets and applications on Samsung Smart TV is very simple without using Tizen Studio – video instruction: https://youtu.be/2ZPGqIQAs7o
Installing via Tizen Studio looks a little complicated, but when done carefully, it guarantees a quality installation. In doing so, it is important that the user takes files from a trusted source. When installing from an unverified site, the program may not be compatible enough. If any of the installation steps encountered problems, then it is necessary to repeat the steps as accurately and accurately as possible. This method is considered the safest and most reliable.