Smart TV widget is an application that provides a specific function. These can be simple tasks, for example, displaying the time on an icon, or a more complex program, like a chat window. Widgets greatly simplify a number of processes: authorization in the system, quick access to a part of the menu or an application. They are in the form of a virtual keyboard, etc.
- 1 Assigning widgets for Samsung Smart TV
- 2 Winning pedestal widgets for Samsung Smart TV
- 3 How to install widgets on Samsung Smart TV
- 4 Common connection errors
Assigning widgets for Samsung Smart TV
When a user is looking for this or that widget for his Samsung TV, he is interested not only in how to install this application correctly and quickly, but also in its purpose. According to their purpose, all developed widgets are classified as follows:
- Services designed to deliver video of the user’s choice of VOD.
- Resources for the provision of IPTV services .
- Navigation, news, weather and other information services.
- Various gaming applications and services.
- Educational sites.
- Applications that allow you to watch 3D films and work with high definition (4K).
- Social networks and platforms such as Twitter or YouTube.
- Clients who give access to videos of various topics.
- Services providing text, voice and video communication over the Internet (IP telephony). For example, the Skype platform.
Games for Samsung Smart TVs are also a popular category of applications among smart TV users: https://youtu.be/8cpuooDdJFI
There are tons of widgets, so you can install all the programs you need on your Samsung Smart TV and have the full range of functions at your fingertips.
Winning pedestal widgets for Samsung Smart TV
Every month the number of widgets is inexorably growing, but among the entire stream there are several special programs for Smart TV that have managed to fall in love with users for their functionality and convenience:
- Ex-fs.net . The smart TV widget, like the website, allows you to watch movies in high quality. In this widget, movies are categorized. It provides a wide selection of modern cinema of Russian and foreign production.
- GetsTV . The widget makes it easy to forget about analog TV. It allows you to watch a wide variety of TV channels without subscription or payment. Here are not only basic channels, but also those that are transmitted by cable TV. GetsTV also has a database of old and new TV series and films.
- Forkplayer . In fact, this is a browser for TVs with Smart TVs. This widget allows you to search the Internet for movies and other information for online viewing. The list of sites is constantly updated. You can also watch TV, listen to music and sing karaoke.
- SportVideoBox . This is a widget for Samsung Smart TV that collects news and videos from most online sports sites and structures them by sport, showing the user. This is an app for real amateurs, it has both match recordings and articles, interviews with athletes, TV shows about each sport, etc.
FORKplayer for Samsung Smart TVs: https://youtu.be/LWAc_IeAp8c XSMART – Widget for SMART TV: Samsung & LG (installation and setup): https://youtu.be/P01X_B8T1rw
How to install widgets on Samsung Smart TV
Many Samsung TVs have plasma panels with Smart TV function at their disposal. This generation of technology already has built-in standard applications. But if they are not enough, then the user can always resort to installing unofficial free widgets.
Where can you download
Despite the official position of Samsung, which is aimed at convincing users of the rationality and safety of downloading from the official Samsung Apps store
, the majority of RuNet users prefer to install third-party widgets on Samsung Smart TV. They are often easy to use, visually pleasing and intuitive.
Standard step-by-step installation of applications on Samsung Smart TV with photo and video instructions
Through the Smart TV menu (go through the red button on the remote control), type the name of the widget in the search window. Click the search icon and follow the pop-up instructions that are already provided on your TV.
When finished, exit the site or application where you downloaded. New widgets are displayed in bookmarks.
If something went wrong and the application was not installed, you can try to transfer it to a USB flash drive and install the widget from it.
Installation using a USB stick
This option is not suitable for all TV models. Samsung Series 6 or B allows you to do this. To download a widget from a USB flash drive, you must first create a separate folder on it and unpack the downloaded archive with widgets there. Let’s describe the process of preparing a flash drive:
- Perform a complete cleanup of all files on the USB flash drive, i.e. format it by choosing the FAT32 format. This can be done in several ways.
- The first way: insert the USB flash drive into the computer, double-click on the “Computer” icon on the desktop and, right-clicking on the desired drive, select “Format …”.
- The second way: insert the flash drive into the PC, download the FAT32 FORMAT program here – https://fat32-format.en.softonic.com, start it and, having specified the required drive in the first field, press the “Start” button.
- On a formatted flash drive, create a directory named userwidget . This folder will be a repository of widgets that you download over the Internet.
Sammy Widgets Samsung: https://youtu.be/29cUwYJ2EAk
Simply download the necessary widgets from the Internet and drop them into this folder. There is no need to unpack the archives downloaded to the userwidget directory.
Next, install the USB flash drive into the TV’s USB connector and turn it on. The downloaded widget should appear in the Smart TV menu list. The work of a third-party widget is possible only when the media is connected. Installing widgets from a USB flash drive to Samsung Smart TV: https://youtu.be/jpTTeT4iru8
Installation via IP address
The action plan for Samsung TV models of the B, C, D, E series is as follows:
- Press the Smart HUB button on the remote control, and then the “A” button (it is red).
- In the field “Samsung account” we write the ” develop ” login . You do not need to enter a password value. It is saved in the system and will be added automatically. And then press the “Login” button:
- An icon labeled “develop” will appear in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Press the “Tools” button on the remote control. Go to the “Settings” section, then to the “Developer” section.
- After accepting the terms of the agreement, you need to select the subsection “Setting the server IP address”. Enter the IP address of the developer’s server, which is indicated on the official website of the widget.
- Go back to the “Development” section, and click “Synchronize user applications”.
- If the previous steps are correct, the installation begins. A new widget should appear on your TV’s menu list.
You will find a video instruction on how to install widgets for Samsung Smart TV E series in this video: https://youtu.be/WYZ34cExxU4?t=19
In other TV models, the principle of installing widgets is similar. Fundamental differences can always be found in the instructions for a particular model.
The process of installing widgets on a Samsung Smart TV F-series is slightly different: https://youtu.be/nLYZ_vMTf0k
When creating an account in the “Email. P.” write
develop , and in the second field we set the password –
For Samsung TVs of H series, the installation of widgets is similar to the above. The only thing, after switching to Smart HUB, you need to put the cursor on any application and hold down the D-pad on the remote control until the menu appears. And then we choose IP Seing, etc. J-series and newer TVs do not support manual widget installation. They can only be downloaded through
Samsung Apps .
Common connection errors
There are several major problems when the widget is not installed on Samsung Smart TV. Usually this:
- failed download;
- interruption of the installation;
- lack of response when clicking on the widget;
- problems that are difficult to trace.
Solutions to the problem:
- Check the Internet connection (if the information flow was interrupted, it could be partially lost, or the download itself was interrupted).
- If there is a router, connect the RJ45 cable directly to the TV.
- Check application license. It is guaranteed to be licensed if you downloaded it from an official source.
- Try to install again, but this time through a flash drive.
How to properly install widgets for Samsung Smart TV – full version: https://youtu.be/suPZoaD1xYQ There are a variety of widgets, for every taste – from simple auxiliary programs to full-fledged games. Now you are familiar with the concept of widgets and know why they are needed for Samsung Smart TV, and how to install them correctly.