Wink is a cinema platform from the provider Rostelecom, which is available on the territory of the Russian Federation. She appeared not so long ago, and some mistakes often occur in her work. The most common of them are the complete inaccessibility of certain options, slow work, interruptions in downloading content.
What problems are there?
Usually, the reason for the inhibition and non-functioning of the program is that it carries out technical work to improve the technology. But there are others.
Error during playback
Sometimes it happens that the application was downloaded and installed without problems, but for some reason the videos in it do not play or slow down – an error occurs. In this case, the program automatically searches for problem algorithms and reports them in the form of numeric or alphabetic codes. The screen displays the diagnostic result – the sign and the number of the existing error. With their help, you can easily determine the cause of the failure of the program and eliminate it yourself. On mobile devices, an error may appear titled “The device does not support playback of encrypted content.”
If, when viewing any content, a window appears with such an error, it means that the device has been rooted. Root mode (copy protection that prevents access to content) must be disabled on the device for the application to display movies correctly. If you don’t know if your smartphone / tablet has Root, install Simply Unroot. It helps to identify it and remove it if necessary.
Error while initializing the application
When the system cannot recognize the initialization of the software, update or reinstall it. If updating and reinstalling did not help, to solve the problem, register DNS in the settings of the TB receiver:
- Go to the “Network” section.
- Select “Network Status”.
- Go to “IP Settings”.
- Click on DNS Settings.
- Click on “Enter manually”.
- In the field that appears, enter “220.127.116.11”.
- Click Finish.
- Click “OK” to confirm the operation.
Another possible reason for Wink outages is the ISP blocking the IP address. Try changing the wireless access point and connecting the TB receiver to it. This should fix the problem. If these steps did not help, the problem lies in the Internet provider itself or in the DNS server. To solve the problem, contact the provider by the phone number specified in the concluded service agreement. If there are no problems on its side, change the address of the DNS server (instructions are given below).
Error in filling out the form
If there is an error filling out the form, do not look for inaccuracies in the sea of data. Your best bet is to reboot your TB device and start connecting Wink from the beginning.
Channels are not shown
When using the Wink platform, you may encounter several problems due to which access to TV channels is completely or partially closed. The most common causes and their solutions:
- Only the first few channels are available. In this case, restart your devices – TB and set-top box. If it doesn’t help, call technical support. You can contact her at +78001000800. Describe your problem to the specialist, and he will check if you have the necessary packages connected.
- A black screen appears instead of some channels. Restart the devices first. If you are tech-savvy and want to fix the problem yourself, check your modem settings. If this does not help, or the relevant skills are not available, call support.
- Additional package of TV channels does not work. Most likely, they simply did not have time to connect it yet. User packages are updated every 30 minutes. If more time has passed, and the cherished channels have not appeared on the horizon, feel free to call support.
- A request appears to expand the subscription. Most likely, this channel is not included in your subscription. Try to wait about half an hour, check your tariff plan (does it have this channel). If yes, at the end of the named time, turn on the channel again, and if it still does not show, call support.
- Some channels constantly require a PIN. To eliminate the inconvenience, set yourself the “Adult” access level in the settings. This is done through the “Parental Control” on the main screen. Most likely, there is now a restriction for children. In this case, the PIN code is requested not only for erotic channels, but also for those where content is broadcast for an audience of 16+ (TV channels “U” and “Friday”, for example).
Error code 6000000
An error with coding 6000000 means that there is no Internet connection. Check if the cable is properly connected or network connection. Reboot your router (power it off and back on).
Unable to sync time
Some TV channels in the application are displayed only in Moscow time, and nothing can be done about it. This is due to the requests of copyright holders, because of which the programs cannot be broadcast in local time. The Wink app has nothing to do with it. At the moment, the list of such TV channels is as follows:
- 1 channel;
- Match TB;
- Russia 24;
- Channel 5;
- PEH TB;
- CTC Love;
- MUZ TB;
On set-top boxes with the “interactive TV” service, these channels are broadcast in local time.
In most cases, error code 13 is associated with a lack of funds in the user’s personal account. This happens for two reasons:
- due to the negligence of the subscriber who forgot to make the payment on time;
- due to a billing failure due to the fault of the provider (wait about an hour, and if nothing goes well, contact technical support).
Error code 20001
This error occurs for those who use the Wink prefix. It is systemic in nature and can be associated with any failures in its work. It is impossible to accurately determine the cause without the help of specialists. The most common are the following:
- the set-top box is outdated / broken and requires repair (the provider must replace it with a new one for free);
- there is no Internet connection;
- a problem from the provider (wait for the experts to solve the problem);
- a small glitch has occurred in the hardware system, which can be eliminated by rebooting;
- incorrect settings on the TB device;
- cables are faulty or do not fit very tightly to the TB, set-top box or router connectors.
In most cases, error 10001 means that the user has reset the Wi-Fi router’s configuration parameters to factory settings. Log in to your personal account on the official website of Rostelecom (https://lk-rostelecom.ru/) and check all the settings.
Problems in this section can be resolved by restarting the device, reconnecting to a different internet source, or updating the Wink app to the latest version. The following problems are solved by the listed methods:
- Wink slows down or crashes;
- poor image quality;
- the sound disappears (if all else fails, the problem is a TV malfunction);
- search inside the application does not work.
What to do if Wink doesn’t work on TV?
If Wink does not work on Smart TV, the first step is to make sure the option has been properly connected. The correct connection algorithm is as follows:
- The user has passed the registration stage.
- The client paid for the package or entered a previously received promotional code to use the service.
If the program still does not start and the TV displays a black screen, follow these steps:
- restart your TV;
- reinstall the application itself;
- reinstall the service;
- change your internet access point;
- change the address of the DNS server;
- reset Smart Hub settings to “default”;
- reset your TV.
Read more about all these methods of restoring the functioning of the Wink application below. They are not difficult and do not require additional technical skills.
Reboot the TV
This is the classic troubleshooting method used first. In 70% of cases, this manipulation is enough to bring everything back to normal. If the platform suddenly stops functioning, restart the TV and unplug the device from the outlet for 3-5 minutes. Then plug it back in and try running Wink. Everything should work. If the problem remains unresolved, proceed to the next steps.
Reinstalling the app
If restarting your TV doesn’t help, try reinstalling the Wink app on your TV.
The program is only supported by TVs released before 2015.
To find out exactly the model and year of manufacture of your device, use one of the following methods:
- look at the factory label, which should be stuck on the back of the TV receiver;
- open the instructions for the TV and find the necessary information there;
- go to the official website of your TV manufacturer and see the exact model there – in your personal account.
After making sure that the TV receiver basically supports this program, reinstall it following the instructions:
- Hover your cursor over APPS on the Smart Panel and press the button in the center of the remote to open the service.
- Select the Wink app from the list of programs that appears. To do this, move the cursor over it and hold down the center button of the remote control until an additional menu appears.
- In the menu that opens, click on the “Reinstall” item. Then the application will be reinstalled without your participation.
If everything is done correctly, the application is successfully reinstalled. The installation time depends on the speed of the Internet connected to the TV receiver.
Change access point
To restore the functionality of the application, change the access point. The best way to solve this problem is to create a hotspot on the device and connect to it. If the function works fine after performing these operations, then the problem is with the Internet service provider.
DNS server address change
If there are no problems with the provider, check the DNS server. This is done as follows:
- Open the main menu for the TV tuner settings.
- Go to the “General” section.
- Go to “Network” and “Network Status”. Check here if TB is connected to the Internet.
- Select the “IP Settings” section.
- Go to the “DNS Settings” item and activate the “Enter manually” function in it.
- Enter “18.104.22.168” in the “DNS Service” field. If the combination does not work, try entering “22.214.171.124”.
- Click “Finish” and return to the main menu.
- Click “Save Changes”.
After the performed manipulations, make sure the Internet is available on the TV, restart the TV and try again to turn on the Wink application.
Resetting Smart Hub
By resetting the Smart Hub settings, you will reset all the previously installed program settings and remove the applications installed on the TV. Algorithm of actions when resetting Smart Hub settings:
- Go to the main menu of the TV-receiver and go to the “Support” section.
- Select “Self-diagnosis”, and in it – “Reset Smart Hub”.
- Specify the PIN-code requested by the system (if it has not been changed by the user, the combination “0000” is most likely suitable).
- Wait a few minutes for the system to process the information and reset the settings.
- Go back to the “Main Menu”.
- Check the box to indicate acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- Log in to your account.
- Select Wink in the list of applications, install it.
- Run the installed application.
Before taking such drastic measures, make sure that the TV is certified in the Russian Federation. If you reset your TV without a certificate, you can completely lock the device.
Pay attention to the factory label. The serial number of the certified device ends with “XRU” and is marked with “EAC”.
The most radical step, which is taken as a last resort – if all other methods have not yielded results, and only if you are absolutely sure that your TB device must support the Wink application.
In this way, you will not only solve the problem associated with the application malfunctions, but also restore the factory settings of the TV.
How to reset settings:
- Go to the “General” settings through the main menu.
- Click on “Factory data reset”.
- Agree that all settings will be reset by clicking “Yes”.
- Wait for the reset to finish and try to install the application again.
How do you achieve empowerment in Wink?
Sometimes, in order for the Wink application to work correctly and to be able to use it to its fullest, empowerment is required. The interface may differ depending on the device on which the service is installed, but the algorithm of actions is the same everywhere. For maximum access, the sequence of actions is as follows:
- Go to the main menu of the device and go to the “Parental Control” section.
- Go to the “Profile selection” section. Move the cursor over the “Basic” level and click “Edit”.
- Go to “Content Display” and select the “Show” option here.
- Go to “Age rating” and select “18+” here. Uncheck the box on requesting a PIN code.
- Click “OK” on the remote and all changes will be saved. The current access level will change to “Current”.
After saving the changes, go to “My Settings”. Return to the “Access Level” section and check if it is set to “18+”.
What if Wink doesn’t work on my computer?
The Wink software on the PC acts as a website. To use the Wink application on your computer, just enter the Wink.rt.ru address in the browser line. With the exception of technical work on the service, there are only two reasons for errors in the operation of the application:
- Bad internet connection. The solution is to restart the router.
- Problems in the work of the PC itself. The solution is to restart your computer, check it for viruses.
The Wink service, created by Rostelecom, is a multimedia video portal. If this is your first time connecting the app to your TV, follow the instructions and make sure you enter the correct information carefully. Then Wink will let you watch videos with high quality picture and sound without any problems.