Cadena CDT 1791SB is a set-top box that is designed to receive high definition terrestrial television. The device is placed inside a black plastic case.
The receiver can operate in several modes: a receiver of terrestrial or digital television, an audio or video player, broadcast recording. Users note the quality and reliability of the receiver.
Specifications Cadena CDT 1791SB, appearance
The device looks like a compact black box. It has the following characteristics:
- The MSD7T processor is used for work.
- There are HDMI and RCA connectors for transmitting video and audio signals.
- You can view videos up to 1080p quality.
- Supports most of the most popular video and audio file formats.
Power supply 5V and 1.5A is provided by the adapter included in the package.
TTX [/ caption]
There are three buttons on the front side. The far left is for turning the receiver on or off. The other two are buttons for switching channels.
Ports on the front panel of Cadena CDT 1791SB [/ caption] Next to the buttons there is an information display and a receiver of infrared signals from the remote control. There are several connectors on the reverse side.
Rear of the receiver [/ caption] On the left is the antenna input. Next to it is the HDMI connector. Next are the RCA connectors, which consist of three jacks, marked with different colors: white, red and yellow. The latter is for video transmission, and the first two are for audio signals. The last plug on the right is used to connect the power supply.
Front and side panels [/ caption] On the side there is a USB 2.0 connector. If you connect a USB flash drive or an external hard drive with recorded video or audio files to it, then the device in question can be used as a player. Rear panel [/ caption]
Upon purchase, the package includes:
- Attachment Cadena CDT 1791SB.
- Remote control, which uses 2 AAA batteries for power. It operates at a distance of 5 m from the attachment.
- Power supply unit for recharging the device.
- A user manual explaining how to use the device correctly.
- The connecting cable, which is included in the kit, has a 3.5 mm plug on one side, and red, yellow and white RCA connectors on the other. For work, it will be possible to purchase HDMA or RCA-RCA cables.
The presence of a warranty card allows you to make free repairs throughout the year.
Connecting and configuring Cadena CDT 1791SB
Before starting the connection procedure, you must disconnect the receiver and the TV from the mains. In order to get started, you need a connecting cable for signal transmission. HDMI or RCA can be used for this purpose. The cable is connected to the set-top box and to the TV receiver. Next, you need to connect the power supply to the corresponding socket of the set-top box and connect it to the power supply. The antenna plug must also be connected to the device.
Connecting the Kadena set-top box schematically [/ caption] To determine the frequencies of the available channels, go to the website of the digital broadcasting provider on your computer and find out the parameters for each of them. Next, you will need to start setting up. In this case, after connecting the set-top box to the TV, a menu will appear on the screen in which you will need to select a signal source. It depends on which connecting cable was used. If it’s RCA, then choose AV, for HDMI click on the line with the same name. Next, a new page with a menu will open. It will ask you to select the language of the menu interface, specify the country and go to the search for available channels. The user, using the remote control, must select the desired line and click on the “Confirm” item located at the bottom of the screen.
The kit contains everything for connection [/ caption] Next, press the Menu button on the remote control. As a result, you will be able to see the main menu. Here you will be able to access several sections. In the channel editor, you can find them, change the characteristics or specify other numbers. The TV guide allows you to familiarize yourself with the program guides. There are also other sections. To watch TV, you need to search for available channels. To do this, you need to open the program editor. Here you have access to automatic or manual search, indication of the country, as well as the ability to turn on the antenna amplifier.
You can use manual search here. After going to the corresponding page, a menu will open with the following parameters:
- The channel number can be set according to your wishes.
- Frequency and bandwidth should be the same as indicated on the digital provider’s website.
- Here you can see the signal strength and quality.
Channel search on Cadena [/ caption] The level and quality are determined by the position of the connected antenna. It needs to be adjusted so that these parameters provide a high quality display. To do this, set it in the desired position and wait for 5 seconds. Then you can see the characteristics of the signal. If they are not enough, you need to change the position of the antenna and check again. If necessary, this action is repeated several times. After the antenna is correctly installed, confirm the entry. After that, 10 channels will be selected, which are included in this multiplex. Their list will be indicated on the page that opens. The second multiplex is set up in the same way. In this case, you will need to indicate its characteristics: frequency and bandwidth.After completing this procedure, the user will be able to switch to viewing the available TV programs.
You can also use autosearch. However, it will be most effective in the area of reliable TV reception. If the user is outside of it, using a manual search he will be able to better perform this procedure.
When setting, you need to set the time. In the future, it is possible to record the transmission according to the algorithm specified by the user. This will allow you to view it at a more convenient time.
Remote control buttons [/ caption] Download instructions for the Cadena CDT 1791SB receiver – complete manual in Russian:
Digital receiver firmware
In order for the user to use the receiver as efficiently as possible, he must regularly update the software. To do this, you need to visit the manufacturer’s website and check for a new firmware. It needs to be downloaded to a computer, then copied to a USB flash drive. It is connected to the set-top box, and then the update is launched in the menu. You can not turn off the equipment before its completion. After completing the procedure, you can continue watching TV.
The current firmware for the Cadena CDT 1791SB receiver can be downloaded from the official website http://cadena.pro/poleznoe_po.html
There are many small ventilation holes at the bottom. The device stands on four legs, which slightly raise the bottom, allowing air to penetrate inside. There are also ventilation holes on the top cover and on the two sides.
Cooling of the Kadena prefix [/ caption]
Problems and solutions
Sometimes, when connecting, the user encounters problems. The following are the most likely situations of this kind:
- If there is no picture , make sure the equipment is plugged in. Sometimes this is the result of an incorrect selection of the signal source in the settings. The problem disappears if this parameter is corrected.
- When the image crumbles and loses clarity , this is due to the fact that a weak signal comes in. This could be due to inaccurate antenna alignment or damage to the connecting cable.
- If it is not possible to start the delayed recording of TV programs , then a possible reason is the absence of a USB flash drive in the corresponding slot.
Sometimes the set-top box stops responding to the remote control. This is possible when the batteries are exhausted. In this case, it is required to replace them.
Advantages and disadvantages
When using the set-top box, the user will receive the following benefits:
- This model is known for its high quality and reliability.
- The device has a compact body that can be conveniently placed in the immediate vicinity of a television receiver.
- Provides viewing of television programs in high quality.
- Scheduled recording of a TV program is provided. To do this, you need to connect the flash drive to the USB input.
- The receiver has high-quality ventilation, which prevents overheating even in the case of long-term continuous operation.
- The simplicity and clarity of the receiver’s interface is noted.
- Affordable cost of the device.
When using, you must take into account the presence of the following disadvantages:
- There is no built-in WiFi adapter.
- HDMI cable is not included, although this interface is often used in modern TV models.
Review of the Cadena CDT 1791SB receiver: https://youtu.be/jRj1vIthWYs This receiver combines budget value with quality and reliability.