A detailed review of the combined receiver GS B621L – what kind of set-top box, how to connect and configure, user manual, how to flash the receiver.
What is the GS B621L prefix, what is its feature
This set-top box is designed to receive digital and satellite TV signals. The bottom is made of metal and the top is made of plastic. The latter gets dirty easily. To avoid this, it is convenient not to remove the sticker protecting the surface during operation. The device has small feet that are made of non-slip material. The set-top box is equipped with two tuners that allow you to connect to a satellite dish with one cable.
The GS B621L receiver has the following features:
- Ability to display in 4K quality.
- Screen output can be in 4:3 or 16:9 screens.
- Resolutions up to 2160p are available.
- The work uses an Ali processor and a coprocessor of its own design. This ensures a high speed of data processing.
- Power consumption does not exceed 30 watts.
- The compact body measures 220 x 148 x 29mm and weighs 880g.
- Receives TV signals in DVB-S and DVB-S2 formats.
- It is allowed to connect another receiver connected to another television receiver. Thus, it becomes possible to simultaneously show two different TV shows. Models GS C592, GS C591, GS C5911, GS C593, GS AC790, as well as smartphones can be used as client devices if the appropriate software is available.
- It has the ability to broadcast the image to mobile devices.
- The device is capable of working with at least a thousand television channels.
- The color GUI is 32-bit color.
- The work is done using the StingrayTV software.
The display located on the front of the device shows the number of the channel that is shown on the screen. Here you can also read various technical messages.
The receiver has a display on the front panel. The following ports are used, located on the rear panel:
- HDMI output.
- Ethernet connector for wired LAN connection.
- There are two USB connectors, and one of them has version 3.0.
- There is an AV socket so that the set-top box can be connected to an old TV model.
- There are two cable inputs for a satellite dish. The first one is the main one.
- There is a connector for connecting an external infrared signal receiver from the remote control.
The slot for installing an access card for viewing paid channels is located on the right side of the device.
The device comes in a small flat box. The package includes the following:
- Prefix GS B621L.
- Technical instruction for the user. It was made using color printing.
- There is also an instruction for Tricolor customers.
- Power supply, which is designed for 12 V and 2.5 A.
- Remote control.
The package includes a Tricolor TV card, which entitles you to 7 days of free access to the company’s television channels.
Overview of the hybrid TV set-top box GS B621L: https://youtu.be/Kj_wnzYtWMQ
Connecting and configuring GS B621L – download user manual and quick guide
To get started, you need to connect the set-top box to the network via a power adapter. Then, a tuner is connected through the cable input and a television receiver is connected. During the boot process, the display, which is located on the side panel of the device, lights up the inscription “boot”. The power button is located on the top of the device. After that, the invitation screen appears on the TV. Further through the main menu it will be possible to make settings. Receiver On this screen, you can specify the mode of using the equipment in the future – satellite TV, digital, or both. Here you need to specify your time zone. It is convenient to start by searching for channels. After switching to the corresponding menu item, an automatic search occurs. After the procedure is completed, you will need to save the results. In order to establish a connection to the Internet, you need to use an external wireless access adapter using WiFi. You need to select the one that you want to connect to the USB connector. Next, you need to connect to your home wireless network. To do this, in the appropriate settings section, you need to open a list of available options, select the desired network, and then enter the access key.
Connecting and configuring the receiver GS B621L – connecting and configuring GS B621L user manual There is also the possibility of cable connection to the network. In this case, the cable will need to be plugged into the Ethernet jack. This prefix is supplied by
Tricolor , so the need for configuration here is minimal. In order to use the device fully, you need to pay for access to a paid channel. After registration, all of them will become available.
More detailed settings can be made using the main menu, and then going to the settings. Next, go to the section that the user needs. You need to go to the “Receiver Settings” section. Next, a menu of available subsections will be displayed.
The version of the software being used can be checked by going to “Status”. If it is outdated, you will need to update it.
Firmware GS B621L
The set-top box automatically tracks the need for updates. If you start working with it, then as a result of the check, a message will appear about the need for replacement. If the request is answered in the affirmative, then a software update will take place, which will make it possible to use the latest firmware. During this procedure, you must not turn off the equipment, as in this case the set-top box may become malfunctioning. If you visit the manufacturer’s website and check for new firmware, this will ensure that you use the latest version of the software. If the next version has appeared, it is downloaded, copied to a USB flash drive, and then connected to the set-top box connector. After that, through its menu, the update procedure is launched. You can download the latest firmware for the receiver at https://www.gs.ru/catalog/sputnikovye-tv-pristavki/gs-b621l/
At the bottom of the console there are a large number of small holes for ventilation. In order for air to pass through them, legs are used that slightly raise the receiver. Ventilation holes are also present on the back face. The design features of the case provide a good level of cooling, allowing long-term operation of the device without the risk of equipment overheating.
Pros and cons
The advantages of the device include the following:
- Ability to display in 4K quality.
- The set-top box uses two tuners, which allows you to connect a satellite dish using one cable.
- Supports the possibility of delayed viewing, which allows you to record a TV program in order to see it at a more convenient time for the owner. It is also possible to record simultaneously with viewing.
- Can work with all popular audio and video formats.
- The sale comes with a one year warranty.
- There is a TV guide that allows you to read the program guides for the programs provided by the Tricolor company.
- There is an application for a smartphone that allows you to make the use of the receiver more comfortable.
As disadvantages of the prefix, the following are noted:
- The remote control communicates with the set-top box via IR radiation, but it does not have the ability to use a Bluetooth connection. Therefore, when using the remote control, you need to direct it to the set-top box. However, a small deviation is acceptable.
- There is no built-in WiFi adapter.
- The kit does not include an HDMI cable that is used to connect to a TV receiver. It must be purchased by yourself.
Does not turn on and there is no signal on the GS B621L prefix
The solution to this and other problems is described at the link on the official website of the manufacturer https://www.gs.ru/support/service/troubleshooting/gs-b521/ GS B621L – no signal, no antenna connected:
Solving problems with the attachment in the GS B621L photo – does not turn on, no signal and no picture:
Reset to the standard settings of the receiver General Satellite GS B621L:
This set-top box allows you to watch satellite and digital programs in high quality. It is also possible to play audio and video files.