High-quality sound for a TV is no less important and significant than the accuracy and depth of color, picture clarity and various effects that allow you to fully immerse yourself in what is happening on the screen. Modern manufacturers of television equipment and equipment for creating home theaters based on Smart TV pay great attention to sound accompaniment.
- 1 What is a speaker system for a modern TV
- 2 Types of acoustic systems – classification
- 3 How to choose speakers for your TV and what to look for when choosing
- 4 TOP 10 best top-end acoustic systems
- 5 TOP-10 budget speaker and acoustic sets for TV
- 6 How to choose for the kitchen
- 7 How to choose wireless speakers for your TV
- 8 Placement and connection, setting up an audio system for a TV – connectors, diagrams, rules
- 9 Errors and their solution
What is a speaker system for a modern TV
Modern acoustics for a TV is not limited to just speakers capable of transmitting sound. The kit includes various types of them that have the ability to reproduce a wide range of frequencies. It is important to determine in advance which speakers can be connected to the TV, as they can be square, rectangular, round or oval in shape. Multi-faceted and triangular versions are also available. The material for acoustics can be fiberboard, MDF, chipboard. It should be borne in mind that the quality and depth of sound reproduction depends on the type of construction. According to observations, it is noted that the best sound quality is given by systems in which rectangular speakers are installed. Also, the speaker system for the TV can have a closed or open case. It may contain a phase inverter. It is in most cases installed in subwoofers. The closed case is universal and fits all kinds of TV devices. [caption id="attachment_6790" align="aligncenter" width="1320"]
It’s more difficult to choose a high-quality subwoofer for a home theater under a larger room [/ caption] Multi-channel systems accommodate the following types of channels: front (the basis for high-quality sound, there are broadband speakers), main speaker (it gives the sound depth and volume, creates an unusual effect of complete immersion), rear speakers (create the effect of presence). Additionally, the TV audio system can be equipped with satellites that are installed on the sides. These are auxiliary devices whose task is to enhance the effects and improve the output sound. Another element of acoustics is responsible for low frequencies – a subwoofer. [caption id="attachment_8481" align="aligncenter" width="602"]
7 speakers and 1 subwoofer
Types of acoustic systems – classification
There are several types of high-quality TV speakers. They are classified according to various parameters and categories, so it is important to carefully study them before making a choice. Speakers can be active or passive. The difference is in the presence or absence of an amplifier. In the first option, it is already inside the structure, in the second, additional installation will be required. It should be borne in mind that active speakers have a number of advantages: they have a built-in amplifier, you can use USB for connection. The sound quality is high.
It is also recommended to take into account that this type of power is small (up to 10 W). If you give a large load, the amplifier may fail (burn out).
If you choose a passive type of speakers for a TV, you can increase the resistance of the equipment to loads, achieve high sound quality (important if you have a home theater). There is no amplifier in this version of acoustics. It will need to be purchased separately and then installed. Powerful speakers have a wide range of reproducible frequencies. Thanks to this, the audio system will be able to reproduce even the most insignificant noises, which create a special atmosphere conducive to immersion in what is happening. If we classify acoustics according to the principle of simple and complex, then the easiest embodiment is to install a soundbar.
How to choose speakers for your TV and what to look for when choosing
You need not only to know how to connect speakers to the TV, but also what to look for in the process of choosing them. Main parameters:
- Power – indicated in W (watts) . There are limitations that are associated with the design features of a particular model, as well as the possibilities of mechanical strength of materials. It is necessary to take into account the characteristics related to the coil installed inside the system. For passive speakers, it is recommended to choose an amplifier so that its power is less than that related to speakers. At the same time, you should pay attention to the recommended power, if it is low, then the sound may sound quiet.
- Sensitivity – this parameter provides the maximum possible. Measurements are taken in decibels. The optimal value for home use is within 100 dB.
- The impedance or total impedance of the speakers . The measurement is in ohms. Devices with indicators of 4-8 ohms are suitable for operation.
It should be borne in mind that in the case when the technical parameters of the speaker and amplifier do not match, then in most cases there may be dips and distortions in the sound. In order to avoid negativity, it is recommended to consider all the main characteristics in a complex.
In the selection process, you should also pay attention to what materials are used in the production of acoustics. Design is also an important factor. It is recommended to choose structures made of wood. Metal or plastic ones will cost less, but the sound quality and related effects may be lower. Regarding the design – you can install long speakers for the TV, choose small or made in an unusual geometric shape, the most important thing is that they are in harmony with the interior and design of the selected TV model. The case of the audio system can be different in colors and shades. In most cases, users choose black, white, gray or brown (under the tree).
If you can decide which speakers to buy for a TV based on the specified characteristics, then how to choose a system from the proposed model range requires thinking carefully and studying a number of rules and recommendations. So, for example, it is very important to know the optimal parameters of the speakers for the existing room, and for this you need to accurately determine its area. It is also recommended to focus on the priority in the sound system (2.0 for audio or 5.1 for blockbusters).
TOP 10 best top-end acoustic systems
To facilitate the selection process, it is recommended to pay attention to the rating of the best models:
- SVEN NT-210 – the package includes a central speaker, front and rear speakers (2 each), as well as a 50 W subwoofer. Speaker power -15 watts. Type of acoustics – active. You can use memory cards. The cost is 13500 rubles.
- Yamaha NS-P60 – rear speakers (2 pieces) and center. The optimal solution for multi-channel systems. Sensitivity – 90 dB. Can be mounted on a shelf or stand, or hung on the wall using the included hardware. The cost is 15200 rubles.
- VVK MA-970S – the set includes a subwoofer, a center speaker, rear and side speakers (2 each). Power 40 W and 80 W (subwoofer). The cost is 17300 rubles.
- Pioneer S-ESR2TB – passive type, installation – floor. Included – front and side (2 pieces each), central. Sensitivity – 81.5-88 dB. Optional: fasteners. The cost is 27,000 rubles.
- Harman HKTS 30 is a 200W active subwoofer. Additionally, the set includes ceiling, front (2 pcs each) and center speakers. Sensitivity – 86 dB. There is a magnetic shield. The cost is 52,000 rubles.
- Harman HKTS 16BQ – ceiling mount type, can also be hung on the wall. The center speaker has a dual driver, so the voice is clearer. The cost is 21,000 rubles.
- Bose Acoustimass 5 – compact strip speakers (4 pieces) are included in the package. Can be hung on the wall or placed on a shelf. There is a magnetic protection. There are also powerful drivers. The cost is 98,000 rubles.
- Jamo S628 HCS – front (three-way) and rear (two-way) speakers included. The sensitivity is 87 dB. The body of the device is made of MDF. The cost is 80,000 rubles.
- Sonos Playbar – can be placed on a shelf or hung on a wall. There is wireless technology and a digital optical output. The cost is 95,000 rubles.
- KEF E305 – passive type. Sensitivity – 86 dB. Can be placed on shelves or hung on the wall. Feature – original design, magnetic system, aluminum diffuser. The cost is 110,000 rubles.
[caption id="attachment_9204" align="aligncenter" width="1346"]
Wireless speakers Each of the listed models will provide high-quality and clear sound.
TOP-10 budget speaker and acoustic sets for TV
If finances are limited, then TV speakers can be bought from the economical equipment segment. The best options in the range up to 70,000 rubles:
- YAMAHA HS5 – power 70 W, built-in amplifier included. The cost is 24,000 rubles.
- DALI SPEKTOR 6 – there is a front speaker. Sensitivity 88 dB. The cost is 52,000 rubles.
- Heco Aurora 300 – power 80 W, sensitivity 90 dB. The cost is 47,000 rubles.
- JBL 305P MkII – power 82 W, material – MDF, cost – 17,000 rubles.
- DALI SPEKTOR 2 – sensitivity 88 dB, ceiling mount. The cost is 25,000 rubles.
- YAMAHA NS-6490 – power 70 W, sensitivity 90 dB. The cost is 18,000 rubles.
- YAMAHA NS-555 – Power 100 W, sensitivity 88 dB. The cost is 55,000 rubles.
- Sony CMT-SBT100 – supports playback of various formats and radio. Power 2X25 W. The cost is 25,000 rubles.
- Bose SoundTouch 30 Series III – remote control included, wireless. The cost is 55,000 rubles.
- Polk Audio T50 – 90 dB sensitivity. The cost is 70,000 rubles.
Such options are great for an apartment or a country house.
How to choose for the kitchen
In the kitchen, you can also use various amplifiers for sound. This is especially important if a TV is installed in this room. When choosing, you need to pay attention to the compactness and the material from which the speakers are made. In this case, the best option for the case is plastic. Best solutions: Mystery MMK-575IP (10,500 rubles), Panasonic SC-PM250EE-K (15,000 rubles) and LG CJ45 (25,000 rubles). All presented models differ in power (from 70 W), high sound quality and saturation of effects.
How to choose wireless speakers for your TV
Portable options are also popular. That is why you need to know how to choose the best offer. Here, in addition to power and sensitivity, you need to pay attention to such a parameter as autonomy of work (sound). It is recommended to choose models that can work without recharging from 10 hours. Best models: Xiaomi Mi Portable Bluetooth Speaker mini (4500 rubles), T&G TG-157 (3500 rubles), Digma S-37 (8500 rubles). How to connect acoustics to a TV, and how to output sound from a TV to speakers: https://youtu.be/LaBxSLW4efs
Placement and connection, setting up an audio system for a TV – connectors, diagrams, rules
In order to connect the selected system, you will need line outputs, tulip connectors, an HDMI cable. Some models require a SCART connector.
Modern options offer a wireless way to connect to TV. The universal connector of them is SCART. It serves to transmit video, sound and is used to connect peripheral devices. At the same time, the HDMI cable supports CEC and ARC technologies. TV sound is reproduced in stereo in this case. Good multi-channel sound will be available only if additional external speakers are connected to the TV using a receiver.
Errors and their solution
There is no sound after connecting – it is recommended to first reboot the system or turn off and then turn on the TV again. If this does not help, then you need to check if the cables and connectors are connected correctly. The signal from the wireless speakers is unstable – you need to restart Bluetooth
or put the device closer to the TV.