It is more convenient to watch entertainment content on the big screen of a smart TV. The display of a smartphone is usually not enough for comfortable playback of media files and video games. In this case, the question arises of how to enable Miracast technology on the TV. After all, this technology allows you to display an image on a TV screen wirelessly, which will be discussed later.
- 1 What is Miracast and why is this technology needed
- 2 How to connect Miracast to TV
- 3 Why won’t Miracast connect?
- 4 How to find out if Miracast supports TV
- 5 What devices support Miracast?
- 6 How to connect iPhone to TV via Miracast?
- 7 How to install and use Miracast on TV
- 8 How to install Miracast on Samsung TV?
What is Miracast and why is this technology needed
Answering the question what Miracast is, it is worth noting that this technology is a development of the Wi-Fi Direct standard. Its essence lies in the transmission of picture and sound from the transmitter device to the signal receiver. https://gogosmart.pro/texnika/televizor/texnology/wi-fi-direct.html Thanks to this, you can start viewing media content on a TV screen. It is also convenient to use this opportunity for conferences, slide shows and group design projects.
During the operation of this function, the router is not involved. This reduces the load on your home wireless network. When used on mobile devices, the technology consumes a minimum of energy. Also, you do not need to pre-configure the equipment and pull cables for connection. This standard began its development in 2012. It supports 5.1 surround sound and video streaming up to 1080p. The principle of operation is that the devices are synchronized with each other via a Wi-Fi network. To connect this technology, the interface of television receivers and smartphones provides the appropriate settings. Paired devices communicate directly, creating a secure channel.
In addition, there is a bidirectional work. That is, what is happening on the TV screen can be displayed on the smartphone display. Starting a wireless broadcast is quite simple.
Chromecast , media content is played without the participation of an Internet service. The advantages of Miracast include:
- connection speed;
- protection of information transfer via the WPA2 protocol;
- the ability to play 3D content if the TV receiver supports this technology;
- using the IEEE11n standard – transmits a signal in the frequency range of 2.4 / 5 Hz, providing speeds up to 150 Mbps;
- saving charge consumption, since additional processes are not involved in the process of data exchange;
- mass distribution among 500 major brands;
- no delays in signal transmission, so you can watch high-quality video content or play online games without broadcast lag.
Considering the disadvantages of Miracast technology, one may encounter incompatibility when equipment cannot synchronize with each other. In addition, data transfer is carried out using the H.264 codec, but budget phones do not support it.
To find out if Miracast is on the device or not, you will need to view the technical specifications. Since often the company logo is not on the manufacturer’s packaging.
The technology is capable of transmitting an image at a resolution of 1920Ⅹ1200 pixels. In 4K, you will see black stripes on the sides when you look closely.
How to connect Miracast to TV
Miracast Android TV allows you to duplicate the picture on a TV screen using a wireless connection. Before connecting, it is important to make sure that the same Wi-Fi network is working on the TV device and the phone. The following instructions should be followed in the instructions:
- Go to the Settings app on your phone.
- Go to the “Connections” section, then select the “Broadcasts” column. In some cases, you may need to look in the “Additional Features” section.
- Move the slider to the on position. You can also bring up the quick access panel by swiping down. There, tap on the Miracast logo.
- Wait until the search for available devices to connect is completed.
- After that, a list of found TVs will appear on the screen. Here you should click on the desired TV device.
- The user will then be prompted to grant permission to establish pairing.
Why won’t Miracast connect?
Some owners of TV receivers are faced with the following problem: “This device does not support receiving a Miracast signal.” If the connection is interrupted, you should check the TV for damage and make sure that the required drivers are installed. To fix the problem, it is worth updating them or initial configuration. In this case, you should go to the device manager. Among the presented list, select video card drivers and Wi-Fi adapters. If the “Broadcast” section could not be found on your phone, it is recommended to use the Miracast application. To do this, go to the Play Store and install the software of the same name. You can also find the Miracast installation file on the w3bsit3-dns.com forum. After installing the program, just click on the “Connect” button. After that, the process of searching for TV screens will start. After finding them, it is enough to choose the appropriate connection option. If the connection could not be established immediately in case of synchronization with a laptop, it is recommended to briefly turn off the TV and restart Windows. It is also worth reducing the distance between devices in order to get rid of broadcast braking. Depending on the device used, this standard may be indicated in the settings as “PlayTo”. Or you will have to go to the “Wireless networks” section and select the “More” item. You can also use an alternative connection method – WiDi from Intel. to get rid of the inhibition of translation. Depending on the device used, this standard may be indicated in the settings as “PlayTo”. Or you will have to go to the “Wireless networks” section and select the “More” item. You can also use an alternative connection method – WiDi from Intel. to get rid of the inhibition of translation. Depending on the device used, this standard may be indicated in the settings as “PlayTo”. Or you will have to go to the “Wireless networks” section and select the “More” item. You can also use an alternative connection method – WiDi from Intel.
How to find out if Miracast supports TV
Having found out what Miracast is, you need to figure out whether a particular device is equipped with this technology. Often, the function is supported by modern LCD panels, Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, as well as laptops with Windows OS. Availability of embedded technology varies by device manufacturer and model. You can find out about this by finding a description of this device on the Internet. It will list the technologies it supports. You can also search for Miracast on your device by going to the settings and opening the wireless networks section. We connect the smartphone to the TV via Miracast: https://youtu.be/6OrFDU4bBdo Having figured out what Miracast is, you should start looking for such functionality on your gadget. Owners of Android phones need to proceed as follows:
- Open “Settings” on your mobile device.
- Find the item “Wireless Display” there. On some models, this option is located in the Display tab.
- The same function should be activated on the TV receiver by going to the connection settings section.
If Miracast is not available on the TV device, you will have to additionally acquire a special prefix. There are many compact and functional models in electronics stores. They help expand the range of options on TVs. To connect a Miracast adapter, you need to use the HDMI port located on the side or back of the TV device. As a result, the ability to transfer images to a TV screen will become available.
What devices support Miracast?
This technology can be supported by several types of devices. This includes TV receivers, set-top boxes, smartphones, tablet PCs and laptops. As for the Android OS, its version should not be older than 4.2. On Windows, this standard is available on 8.1 and later. The protocol is also built into iOS devices and LCD TVs. It is important to consider that the name Miracast varies between brands.
Before using Miracast for a TV, you will need to check if this protocol is supported on other connected equipment. This feature should be implemented not only in software, but also in hardware.
The procedure for how to check the settings on Windows 10 includes:
- Go to the “Start” menu and select “Settings” in the right column.
- Expand the “System” item, then switch to the “Screen” tab.
- If the laptop supports this standard, then there will be an inscription “Connect to a wireless display”.
A list of found sources will appear in the menu that opens, among which you should select your TV. After the synchronization procedure is completed, the picture from the mobile phone screen should be duplicated on the TV panel.
How to connect iPhone to TV via Miracast?
On “apple” gadgets, this technology is referred to as
Airplay . It is available on all Apple devices. To connect Miracast, you will need to open the list of wireless networks and connect to the Wi-Fi that the receiver distributes. To synchronize devices, you should find the “AirPlay” item in the settings. Then select the name of the TV receiver on which the picture will be displayed. Next, you need to run the “Video replay” option. After completing these steps, the connection process will begin, and you need to wait until it ends.
How to install and use Miracast on TV
If you have a question, how to enable Miracast Display on a TV, you will first need to find this function on your receiver. On different models, the names of the keys on the remote control may vary, designated as “Smart” or “Home”. In the widget menu that opens, you will need to select the “Screen Share” icon.
After that, you should start connecting this option on the second device. If you are using a laptop running Windows 10, you should follow this plan of action:
- Expand the “Notification Center”, located in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, you need to click on the “Connections” icon.
- In the window that appears, a list of available devices that can be connected via Miracast will be displayed.
- After clicking on the name of the TV receiver, the pairing procedure will begin.
However, some devices require a pin code for security purposes. After a few seconds, what is happening on the PC monitor will be mirrored onto the TV panel. To change the display mode, use the “Project” menu. To do this, hold down the combination “Win + P”.
How to install Miracast on Samsung TV?
If the model is equipped with this function, then nothing else is required for configuration. In other cases, you will have to buy a Miracast adapter for your TV. The connection procedure on Samsung TV sets is as follows:
- Use the “Source” button on the remote control.
- In the window that appears, select “Screen Mirroring”.
- Find a TV device by name on the second gadget and start the connection process.
After a couple of seconds, the image from its display will appear on the TV receiver.