IPTV is a modern technology for digital television in the IP data transmission network. This is an opportunity to enjoy your favorite channels and movies without buying set-top boxes and participation of providers. The main advantages of the technology are cost savings and viewing content without ads.
What is required to connect without a set-top box?
All that is needed to connect IPTV on any TV without a set-top box is to connect the device to the Internet (via a wire or wirelessly) and the Smart TV function (or its analogs). If it is not possible to fulfill these conditions, you will need a prefix.
It is also a prerequisite for the TV to support one of the standards:
- DVB-T2 is a European standard for terrestrial TV broadcasting of the 2nd generation, in which all Russian repeaters operate;
- DVB-C and DVB-C2 – cable broadcasting;
- DVB-S and DVB-S2 – satellite TV.
This parameter is available in the characteristics of the product in any online home appliance store. It is enough to correctly enter the name of the TV receiver in the search box on the service. The exact model name is in the passport of the device.
IPTV television is available in free and paid format. In the first case, a freely available playlist is downloaded from the Internet. Paid option – buying a licensed playlist from an official provider with a monthly payment for viewing. Below are the rules for downloading and installing applications for free use. However, it is worth remembering that unlicensed software often results in poor quality content playback.
Rules for installing and configuring the player
Access to IPTV without connecting a set-top box is not possible without a special player (computer program). This is done as follows:
- There is a large selection of media players in the app store on any Smart TV.
- The example uses the “Peers.TV” media player. Find it in the list, click it, download it.
- Channels become available immediately after installation, but in very small numbers. To expand the list, go to the settings, click on the “Add playlist” item.
- Insert a link to a playlist found on the Internet into a special line. Also, the addresses of sites with free content are below in the article in the “List of free playlists” section.
Pros and cons
The disadvantage of free IPTV viewing is that providers periodically block channels in open access playlists (they temporarily disappear). Free playlist developers fix the problem, but not always promptly. Sometimes it takes a few days. Pros:
- savings – no payments to operators;
- wide choice – a huge amount of content is available, selected to your own taste;
- installation of additional equipment is not required;
- it will not be difficult to find an age-related or themed free playlist – there are children, adults, including 18+, with films, cartoons, educational, cognitive, musical, etc.
List of free playlists:
- 4K HDR movies. More than 50 movies of different years of release in excellent quality: “Aladdin”, “Grinch”, “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle”, “Venom”, “Charlie’s Angels”, “Spider-Man: Far From Home”, etc. Link address – https : //smarttvnews.ru/apps/4k-film-hdr.m3u.
- 3D movies. More than 60 films and cartoons: “Angry Birds in Cinema”, “Men in Black 3”, “Teleport”, “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them”, “X-Men: Days of Future Past”, and others. Download link address – https://smarttvnews.ru/apps/3d-film.m3u.
- Playlist with films. Over 70 60 fps movies: The Big Game, Alien 3, Wonder Woman, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, King Arthur and others. The link address is https://smarttvnews.ru/apps/Filmy_60_FPS.m3u.
- Children’s playlist. More than 30 TV channels: “Disney”, “KARUSEL”, “Kids So”, “Oh!”, “Lolo”, “Nickelodeon”, etc., and more than 200 cartoons: “Baba Yaga is against!”, ” Cars 3, Cipollino, Winnie the Pooh, Despicable Me, Moana, Mystery of the Third Planet. Download site address – https://iptvmaster.ru/kids-all.m3u.
- 500 free channels. Russian, Belarusian, Ukrainian, international TV channels. Mir, Channel One, Discovery, Hunting and Fishing, ONT, First USSR, Boomerang, Belarus 1, Ren TV and others. The playlist is located at – https://smarttvnews.ru/apps/iptvchannels.m3u.
Before installing the playlist in the player, you should familiarize yourself with the contents. The installation file contains the names of all channels / videos.
ISP connection options
For connoisseurs of high-quality content, IP television services are provided by large providers of Internet resources. They are paid. Each company has its own principle of connecting IPTV without a set-top box.
Since 2021, the clients of the provider Rostelecom have the opportunity to watch interactive TV without a set-top box. This service is called Wink. With the help of the program, you can subscribe to a package of 5000 films, TV series and cartoons, as well as 200 best TV channels. Payment – once a month.
The peculiarity of the application is the ability to independently collect a subscription from extremely necessary and interesting channels. This tariff is called “Transformer”.
The Wink app is available on the following TBs (no prefix):
- Apple TV version 10.0 or higher;
- LG Smart TV with webOS 3.0 or higher;
- Samsung Smart TVs released in 2013 or later.
On Android TV, the application is currently only available using a set-top box.
Wink connection using TB Samsung as an example:
- Go to the official Samsung App store.
- Type in the name of the Wink application into the search, or find it by brute-force in the “Popular” section.
- Click on the application card, then – the “Install” button that appears. Wait for the download to complete.
After these steps, they begin to subscribe. Standard channels (First, Russia 1, NTV, etc.) are available immediately – they are free.
To watch IPTV from Convex on a TV with SMART-TV, you will need to install a special IPTVPORTAL application. Instructions for connecting IPTV from Convex:
- Go to the app store of your TV receiver (LG Content Store, Apps Market, etc.).
- Search for “IPTVPORTAL”. Click on the application card that appears.
- Complete the process by clicking the “Install” button.
- Sign in to the app. Go through the authorization by entering the login and password specified in the agreement with the provider in the special columns.
The channels provided by the tariff plan become available.
Connection and setup for common TV models
The TV receiver model plays an important role when connecting IPTV without a set-top box. Below are the options for installing and configuring IPTV digital television for TVs from different manufacturers: LG, Philips, Samsung, Sony, Xiaomi, as well as TV based on Android.
LG Electronics is a South Korean company, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of consumer electronics and appliances. How to configure:
- Go to the LG Content Store.
- Download the SS IPTV program to the TV receiver.
- Find on the Internet / take from our article any playlist with channels / movies, download it.
- Go to Settings → “General” → “Get Code”. Fix it on paper.
- Go to the official service of the SS IPTV application – https: //ss-iptv.com/en/users/playlist. Enter the code you received earlier in the special box, click “Add device”.
- Open the downloaded playlist on the main page of the application → “Save”.
Koninklijke Philips NV is a Dutch multinational company. Setting up IPTV for Philips TV receiver is based on the ForkSmart widget. IPTV connection is as follows:
- Open the TV settings section.
- Go to “Others”, then click “Configuration”.
- Follow the steps in sequence: “Network settings” → “Network operation mode” → “Static IP-address”.
- In the left menu select “IP Configuration”. Click “DNS 1”. Enter the IP-address shown in the picture.
- Return to the main menu and go to “Smart TV” or to “Net TV” (depending on the TV).
- Start the online cinema installed on the TV. Or download it from the app store if it’s not there. It will launch Foorksmart. This application launches Fork Player, an explorer for viewing IPTV.
Samsung Group (Samsung Group) – South Korean group of companies, widely known in the world market as a manufacturer of high-tech electronics. The setup here is not much different from the ones described above. Instructions for TB Samsung:
- Download the archive with the OTT Player application to your computer. Safe download link – https://disk.yandex.ru/d/zQNeq-iAE4d0Og.
- Take any flash drive → create a folder called “OTT Player” → copy the files from the archive folder → put the flash drive into the corresponding socket of the idle TB.
- Turn on TB. The app will automatically appear in the menu.
- Create your page on the official website of the application by following the link – https://ottplayer.es/. Scroll to the end of the main page, you will see a window for authorization / registration. Use the credentials you created to log into the app on TB.
- Find on the Internet or take from our article any playlist with channels / movies, download it. Go to the specified site in “Manage Playlists”. Check the boxes next to the devices for which playlists are allowed to play.
- Then download any playlists from your computer.
OTT Player is also suitable for TV LG. In the case of this model, you do not need to download anything in an additional order. You just need to download the application itself from the store (in the same way as SS IPTV). and add a TB device via “Control …”.
Android TV is a version of Android OS designed specifically for TV and multimedia set-top boxes. It allows you to watch movies from Google Play, online broadcasts, videos from YouTube, etc. There is nothing complicated in setting up IPTV on Android TVs:
- Go to the TV in the official Google Play store, download the appropriate application (IPTV, LAZY IPTV, etc.).
- Customize the downloaded program like an app on LG TV.
Sony Corporation (“Sony”) is a Japanese multinational company headquartered in Tokyo. ViNTERA.TV or SS IPTV applications will open the way to using IPTV on TV Sony Smart TV. Instructions:
- Go to: TB settings → OperaTV Store.
- Open the ID generator located in the “Developer settings” through the store’s internal settings. By clicking “Ok”, you will receive a code that is valid for 15 minutes.
- Create an account on the Vewd website by following the link – https://accounts.cloud.vewd.com/auth/login/?flow=e1b6714f3d28490680eb6f6c0cbfd6a9. Confirm it through the letter that came to the mail.
- Enter the name of your TV and the previously obtained ID in the special fields by following this link – https://publish.cloud.vewd.com/paired_devices/.
- Go back to the TV. A notification will appear on the screen: “User such and such wants to establish a connection …”. Click “Ok”.
- Now the OperaTV Store has a “Developer” section. Go into it and click on the only tab in it. In the line that appears, enter the link – http://app.ss-iptv.com/. Click “Go” and accept the agreement.
- Choose a country, city and provider, start using IPTV.
IPTV stands for Internet Protocol Television. This is watching TV channels, films and any other content over the network. You don’t have to buy additional equipment to watch all this on your TV. If the TV is connected to the Internet and has a digital interactive service, you only need a player and a playlist to view it.