IPTV is much more convenient than regular TV, since the viewer can independently choose a playlist to watch certain TV channels. To do this, you need the SS IPTV application, which we will discuss in this article, as well as the playlist itself that you are going to watch, and a good Internet connection (Wi-Fi speed).
What is SS IPTV?
IPTV is a digital form of television broadcasting that is retransmitted by a telecom operator over an IP network. Most often, the functions of an IPTV operator are taken over by your home Internet provider, making it possible to watch TV over the Internet protocol.
Viewing IPTV channels is carried out using special players. One of the most popular programs from this series is the SS IPTV application. This is a TV player for watching TV with smart function. It allows you to watch video content over an internal local network (provider’s internal network) or over the Internet (OTT).
The SS IPTV player itself does not provide Pay TV service. Therefore, the use of the application is free of charge. If your IPTV operator takes money for watching TV channels, then the payment is made between him and you.
Among the advantages of SS IPTV, it is worth noting that it is not just a player, but a whole constantly evolving platform and a real entertainment center right inside your TV. With this application you will be able to access:
- several hundred content operators;
- terrestrial TV channels;
- various videos from:
- social networks;
- online storage;
- video hosting.
SS IPTV became the first LG Smart World program for Internet Protocol TV. He is the winner of the LG Smart TV Apps Contest 2013 among the programs for watching IPTV TV channels on TV. The player was highly appreciated by the jury and was awarded the title of “Best Application”.
Originally SS IPTV was created for LG Electronics, but today it is also available for Samsung Smart TV. The developers are constantly working to improve the program, taking into account the opinion of their users during updates, adding more and more new options that often have no analogues on the market.
The application is installed directly on the TV itself with Smart TV technology, thereby avoiding the need to purchase any additional devices.
Installing and configuring the SS IPTV player on LG TV
Previously, the SS IPTV application on LG TVs could be installed in two ways: directly through the TV and using a flash drive. But today it can only be taken from the LG app store.
Installing the app through the LG store
In order to install the program on TV, you need to go to the LG Content Store. It is present on modern top-end TVs from LG with the Web OS operating system. On TVs with NetCast OS (most often, these are TBs produced before 2014), the store is called LG Smart World.
The interface in these two stores is practically the same, so we will consider only one of them. The installation procedure is shown using the example of the LG Content Store.
So, do the following:
- Open the app store on your TB.
- In the store search, enter the name of the application you need. When it appears on the screen, click on it.
- Click on the pink Install button.
- Upon completion of the procedure, click on the “Run” button that appears.
After completing the installation, you can proceed to download the playlist.
Loading an internal playlist (by code)
To upload your playlist, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to settings (in the upper right corner, the gear icon).
- Go to the “General” section (left in the column). Further, in order for you to have access to the connection, click on the “Get code” button.
- Remember or write down the one-time code, and follow the link – http://ss-iptv.com/ru/users/playlist
- Enter the received code into the special window and click on the “Add device” button.
- Then select the required file on your computer and click “Save” to download it.
- After that, an icon named “My Playlist” will appear in the application.
- Then you can download any playlists.
Only one internal playlist can be loaded and it must conform to the officially accepted m3u format. Loading a new internal playlist automatically overwrites the old one.
Download external playlists via SS IPTV
You can download an external playlist for TB from absolutely any resource. There are a lot of them on the net. To load such lists, do the following:
- Go to settings by clicking on the gear in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Go to the “Content” section by selecting it in the general list on the left. In the top line select “External playlists” and then click “Add” at the bottom. Type in a link to the playlist and its name. Click on “Save” (the button is in the upper right corner).
The loaded external playlist icon will have the name “My playlist” and will immediately appear on the main screen of the program. The IPTV playlist will be launched automatically when you click on this icon. An unlimited number of external playlists are allowed.
All TV channels in the list that the program was able to identify are displayed on the channel panel along with their emblems. For the correct display of TV channels, it is necessary that they have the correct links and names.
- Open access links. In order to download an external playlist on TB, a special application server is used and, therefore, only public links from the network can be used for downloading.
- Correct format. For external playlists, m3u, xspf, asx and pls formats are allowed. Normal loading is also ensured by the utf-8 encoding standard for the playlist.
Solving possible problems when watching IPTV on LG Smart TV
Some LG TVs may have problems watching iTV. We are talking about models based on the webOS operating system, since they do not support multicast broadcasting – a form of IPTV broadcasting. In this case, additional measures are required for the functioning of IP-television. The best solution would be a proxy server. It will allow you to translate UDP protocols into HTTP. To do this, after starting the server itself, in its settings, check the box next to the “Convert UDP to HTTP” item. Information such as IP address and port is also needed:
- Error message. If when you open a downloaded playlist, channels on TV are not shown, but instead a black screen and a malfunction message are displayed, check your playlist for operability by turning it on on a PC using IPTV Player or VLC.
- Everything works on a computer, but still does not show on TB. If the playlist contains links to multicast streams, for their normal operation, the TV must be connected to the network via cable. Many TVs do not support these streams and their playback is possible only if UDP Proxy is configured on the network router.
- The Russian audio track is missing. If TV channels are shown in English, German, French, Turkish or other languages, apply the audio-track attribute in your playlist.
audio-track is the language code of the channel sound track (for Russia it is rus). It is possible to indicate at once 2-3 tracks separated by commas: “rus, pl, eng”. The standard track is the first track on the list. An example of what the language code looks like in the playlist: #EXTINF: 0 tvg-name = “CTC” audio-track = “rus”, CTC.
- After loading the playlist, the logos of TV channels and EPG are not displayed. SS IPTV has a very serious system for identifying TV channels, which copes with the task in more than 90% of cases. If this does not happen, you need to check if the names of the channels indicated in the playlist correspond to the normative ones. You also need to remember that the title should not contain unnecessary characters and elements (index, category name, etc.).
- Problems with the playlist with video content. If the video is displayed properly, but it is not rewound or paused, the playlist must be loaded again, but through the “Videos” section, which is located in the player’s settings.
Using SS IPTV on LG Smart TV makes watching TV as convenient as possible. Due to the SS IPTV program and a properly selected playlist, you can no longer waste time flipping through programs that are not interesting to you. Install the player, download the playlist and start watching.