By correctly setting up the Smart TV function
on LG TV, users will be able to watch TV channel packages via the Internet with a wireless connection, without using additional equipment.
- Connecting your LG Smart TV to the network
- How to connect Smart TV to LV TV using a cable
- Connecting using Wi-Fi: the necessary equipment, how to turn on Wi-Fi on the lg TV and further actions
- Setting up your LG TV for the first time
- How to tune channels on your LG TV
- Installing Applications
- Possible problems when setting up television on LV Smart TV
Connecting your LG Smart TV to the network
First, you need to connect the device to the Internet. By connecting to their service provider, the customer is provided with a large amount of additional opportunities provided by using LG Smart TV. This has certain positive aspects:
- playback of online media content;
- availability of access to Internet TV broadcasting;
- the ability to watch your favorite movies from the free list;
- the selected applications and video games are launched;
- the ability to use additional functions.
To use Smart TV technology, there are two ways to connect your TV to the Internet:
- using a cable – used when it is possible to conveniently connect the wire to the TV or in the absence of a home Wi-Fi network;
- using a wireless Wi-Fi network .
With both connection methods, the settings will differ only at the first or last stage.
How to connect Smart TV to LV TV using a cable
To make a connection in this way, you will need to enter information manually.
If there is a binding of the connection to a specific address, then it can be found in the instructions for the TV and reported to the service provider. You can also find out the address by visiting support and selecting the required model information.
In advance, you need to acquire an additional wire, which can be purchased at a computer store, to ensure a constant connection to the Internet. If there is one main cable inside the room, run by the service provider, you need to take care of the presence of a special splitter. Using such a device, you can connect a new wire to the TV receiver. Procedure for connecting via cable:
- Connecting the LAN splitter socket on the back of the Smart TV cabinet:
- Using the remote control, you need to go to the main menu and press Home.
- In the “Settings” you need to go to the “Network” section and the “Network Connection” option.
- You need to click “Configure connection” and select “List of networks”.
- Click the “Wired network” option.
- After a while, click “Finish” to complete the TV connection to the Internet.
Connecting using Wi-Fi: the necessary equipment, how to turn on Wi-Fi on the lg TV and further actions
The second option is to connect via a router. In this case, the following procedure is assumed:
- You need to turn on the TV with a router.
- Using the remote control, you need to go to the main menu and press “Home”.
- In the settings you need to go to the “Network” section and select “Network connection”.
- We select “Configure connection” and go to the list of networks.
- Select the “Wireless network” option.
- From the list that appears, you need to choose your own Wi-Fi router.
- Next, you need to enter the password for your Wi-Fi network (as in the case of setting up a PC or other gadgets).
- Confirm action.
- After a short wait, a message will appear in the form of a special network connection icon.
- Click the “Done” button to use the Internet on your own LG Smart TV.
- It is better to test the network by visiting a website.
Additionally, you can watch the following video, which clearly shows how to connect your LG TV to the wireless Internet: https://youtu.be/s7oigntfmHU
If the password has been forgotten or lost, then the UPU technology can be used. To do this, in the menu you need to find a list of available networks and click “Connect using the UPU”. Then you need to press the WPS button of the router for several minutes. A check mark will appear, indicating that the user is connected to the network.
Setting up your LG TV for the first time
It is practically possible to use existing Smart TV functions without the need for additional registration. This means that in order to obtain a high-quality image, the user only needs to turn on the TV, connect the TV cable and make the appropriate settings. Despite this, it is still worth registering on the LG website to fully use Smart TV technologies. This will allow you to install additional
useful applications . The registration process involves going through the following stages:
- Using the “Home” button on the remote control, you need to enter the main menu.
- In the upper right corner of the screen there is a button to log into your account.
- You need to complete the data entry to log in or click on the registration button to create a new LG Apps profile.
- You should read the user agreement and agree to the terms.
- Next, you need to specify your email and perform authentication using a special key. This is to ensure that this email address has not been previously registered. You should use only real mail, used on a regular basis. The letter received at this address will contain a special link to confirm the registration. In the future, you will need an email address to make changes to your profile.
- You must enter twice. In addition, it is possible to connect the function to send the latest news to the email address from the company.
- You need to press the registration button and check your mail. In the letter, you must follow the link to confirm the registration. If there is no letter, you need to check its presence in the spam folder. In case of successful registration, a corresponding notification will appear on the page.
- To log in to your own page, you need to use the button in the upper corner. When authorizing, an email with a password is specified. To avoid authorization every time, you must check the “Stay signed in” box. If a dialog box appears asking for additional information, you must refuse.
How to register an account is shown in the video below: https://youtu.be/F8ew2QWi1js Now the user will have access to free TV channels, setting up various smart applications, watching movies online, listening to the radio, getting weather information and much more. If the user is going to change certain criteria when watching TV, then from the remote control to the main menu he can go to the “Image” tab and set the necessary values: brightness, sharpness, contrast, saturation intensity.
If you want to use the image settings suggested by the developers, there is a special button on the remote for this. You can use certain modes: dynamic, standard and others. For watching movies or TV shows, you can choose the appropriate options.
How to tune channels on your LG TV
The most important stage in preparing LG Smart TV for work is setting up TV channels. This process is quite simple and quite fast:
- First you need to use the “Menu” button on the remote control and go to the “Options” section.
- When choosing a country, it is better to mark “Finland”.
- In the settings, select automatic search.
- When specifying the connection method with Smart TV, mark “Cable”.
- In the window that opens, you must specify the following data:
- search – fast;
- frequency – 98,000;
- symbol rate – 6952;
- modulation – 56 Qam;
- Network ID – auto.
- Next, we start the search to find all the available TV channels.
- LG Smart TV has an automatic update function. It must be turned off, otherwise the TV will reset the settings made after a certain time. In this case, you will have to tune the channels again. This option is disabled in the digital cable settings.
- TV channels will be sorted according to the preferences of the owners. In the settings, you need to go to autosearch, find “Cable”, uncheck the item “Auto numbering” and complete the procedure.
- Using the program editor, TV channels can be arranged in a certain sequence.
There is a certain procedure for
installing applications for LG Smart TV :
- In the main menu, you need to go to the home page.
- The LG Smart World section contains information about a pre-created account.
- A specific list of applications for the region will appear.
- You need to make a choice of the required application and study its characteristics.
- It is worth considering the cost if the application has a paid basis.
- To install the application, you need to use the “Install” button.
- If the widget is paid, then you should make a payment, focusing on the prompts.
- Typically, applications are installed in the “More” folder in the home page section.
- Automatic installation does not require manual adjustments.
The video below shows how to install apps on your LG Smart TV: https://youtu.be/oip1N1zERBQ
For more information on
how to install, uninstall and use apps for your LG Smart TV , see our other article.
Possible problems when setting up television on LV Smart TV
When working with Smart TV, in some cases certain problems arise:
- the TV set may crash the firmware;
- there may be technical problems in the hardware;
- the matrix or firmware burns out;
- problems due to the interference of children;
- self-repair in the absence of relevant knowledge.
These problems are eliminated with the help of settings or contacting specialists. Smart TV setup on LG is available to any user. It is enough to exactly follow a certain procedure and follow the specified recommendations. The whole process will take a few minutes.