setting up the satellite dish, the user gets access to dozens of interesting programs. But sometimes the subscriber may want to receive additional programs from other satellites but on one dish. In this case, the following options are available for him:
- Each time , reconfigure your satellite dish to the corresponding broadcast satellite . This is a time consuming procedure, although quite affordable.
- Install two or more satellite dishes in order to cover all the satellites of interest to the user. Each of them will need to be configured. They will allow you to access all the necessary programs, but there may be problems with the placement of antennas.
- There are some types of antennas that do not require fine tuning for each satellite . They are able to receive all signals in a sector of 40-60 degrees. An example of such a device is a toroidal antenna. Types of satellite dishes [/ caption]
- You can get simultaneous access to several satellites from one dish using multifeed . In this case, several converters are installed on one antenna, fixed in a multifeed, each of which provides reception of programs from a specific satellite.
Converters in multi feed [/ caption] The last option allows you to solve the problem at the lowest cost and in the most convenient way.
Why do you need a multifeed, or is it easier to buy one holder than an entire plate assembly
User who is watching certain
satellite channelsmay be dissatisfied with their choice. For example, he wants to add some of them that are broadcast from other satellites. To rectify the situation, he must arrange a reception from each of them. If the antenna meets certain requirements, then several converters can be installed on it at the same time. Each of them will provide reception from a specific satellite. Thus, the user will have access to all programs of interest to him. If they are paid, then you will need to make a payment to view. The use of multifeed is the least expensive option for watching programs from several satellites on one dish. In addition to the fact that this method of organizing viewing satellite TV from several satellites is the cheapest, but this method allows you to use the space as economically as possible, which is especially important,if the antenna is installed on the wall of a multi-storey building.
Three-head satellite dish for watching satellite TV from three satellites at the same time, this is possible when using multi-feed [/ caption] However, to use this device, it is necessary that the antenna meets the following requirements:
- The spread between the satellites, if we consider their horizons, should not be more than 10 degrees.
- The use of multifeed is available only for antennas with a size of at least 80 cm.
- For reception, there must be a power reserve. We are talking about the following. If receiving channels using a single antenna requires that its size be 60 cm, then the antenna with a multifeed should be 80 cm or more. If in the first case 90 cm is required, then you need to count on 110 cm.
If the user installs and configures the multifeed correctly, he will be able to watch channels from several satellites. The device in question will also be useful in the following situation. From one satellite, the user wants to watch TV programs, on the other – interesting radio programs for listening, the third provides high-speed Internet connection. With the help of multifeed, it will be possible to use the services of all three satellites. The main elements for arranging a plate, in addition to a multifeed, are the following:
- Satellite dish – mirror.
- Converters , each of which is configured to receive a signal from a specific satellite. There should be enough to match the number of satellites used.
- The switch (disec) allows you to work with the selected converters. Their number depends on the number of used inputs, which depends on the design.
It is recommended to purchase a switch with the required number of inputs.
What types of converter holders are there
The use of multi-feed assumes the reception of a signal from two or more satellites. The variety of designs is determined by the geographic location of the user, the number of converters used and the manufacturer of the equipment used. The
size of the multifeed (number of holders) depends on how many satellites the subscriber plans to “catch” on one plate [/ caption]
Installing and configuring a cymbal on a multifeed
To carry out the tuning, it is necessary to find the optimal angle of the antenna and converters. In order to do this correctly, you need to better understand how satellite signals propagate. They come in a parallel stream, falling on the rounded surface of the antenna. Reflecting, the waves are collected at the point where the converter is located. This can be illustrated by the following figure.
As can be seen from the above diagram, if the waves arrive at a different angle, they will not enter the converter. Such an antenna will receive a signal strictly from one direction. If more than one converter is used, the situation will look like this.
Two signals from two satellites to two converters fixed in a multifeed [/ caption] Here you can see that one antenna can receive signals from different directions. However, the further the converter is located from the central axis, the lower its received signal power. Above 25 degrees off-axis, the signal level will be unacceptable for use. When installing the antenna, it is necessary to ensure that the direction to the satellites does not overlap. To carry out the installation, you must perform the following steps:
- You need to position the antenna vertically at the chosen location. It is attached so that it has two degrees of freedom – for adjusting the angle, position, azimuth and height of the satellite above the horizon. A balcony, wall of a house or its roof is suitable as a place for installation. During installation, you need to do so as to minimize precipitation on the structure.
- Assemble the antenna according to the instructions for use attached to it.
- It is necessary to install the multifeed frame, on which the converters will be installed. The antenna will need to be oriented so that its axis is directed to the satellite with the weakest signal. Satellite orientation [/ caption]
- The converters will need to be secured so that fine tuning is possible. The connectors for connecting the cable must be installed so that precipitation cannot enter them.
- A switch is installed, which will subsequently be connected to the receiver via a cable.
Popular application of multifeed when installing a satellite dish on three satellites – Amos, Astra (Sirius) and Hot Bird [/ caption] During the initial setup, the converters do not need to be connected to switch. To configure them, you will need to connect each of them directly to the receiver. After the installation is completed, you need to start setting up the signal reception from the satellite.
Details on how to set up a satellite dish… To set up a multifeed, you need to start with one of the converters. It is connected to the receiver, and through it to the television receiver. In the process of tuning, the receiver and television receiver are conveniently located in the immediate vicinity of the antenna. How to assemble a satellite dish for three satellites using multifeed: https://youtu.be/MTILwBtee2U If you need to hang it in a hard-to-reach place, then the setting must be done on the ground. In this case, you will have to use extension cords in order to supply electricity. To carry out the adjustment, you need to know the azimuth and elevation of the satellite. The antenna is installed in the indicated direction. Once connected, the receiver setup menu appears on the TV screen. Here you will need to set all the parameters for receiving from the satellite.
The tilt angle of the dish [/ caption] By moving the antenna mirror, you need to achieve a good signal level and high image quality. Adjustment should be carried out in clear weather, as this may affect its accuracy. After that, all found satellite channels must be entered into memory. Next, you need to connect to the second converter and tune to the second satellite. All found channels must be stored in the device’s memory. If you plan to use more than two converters, configure each of them in the same way.
Satellite heads on multifeed [/ caption] After that, the position of the antenna and all converters is fixed. If the tuning was carried out on the ground, the antenna is moved to the desired place, the quality of the tuning is checked, securely attached and fixed in the desired direction. How to assemble a multifeed for a satellite dish with your own hands: https://youtu.be/4qE2xNhbosI
Errors and their solutions
When using multifeeds, it is beneficial to use them together with an offset antenna.
Wall mount of the offset plate [/ caption] If we are talking about direct focus, then the level of the received signal will be significantly lower. Sometimes it is possible to install a satellite dish only in a hard-to-reach place. You can set up a multifeed by assembling a structure on the ground. In this case, after installation in the right place, it will be enough to correct the angle at which the antenna is located. The calculation of the multifeed (the location of the converters) can be done using special programs for downloading popular applications:
Satcalc: https: //ru.freedownloadmanager.org / Windows-PC / SatCalc-FREE.html
Online calculators for calculating multifeed are also available: https://www.satcalc.ru/multifeed.php When making a bracket for multifeed converters, it is recommended to make it a little longer. This is beneficial for several reasons:
- In the future, the owner may want to reconfigure the converters for other satellites. In this case, their location will change.
- It will be possible to connect another converter.
- Additional space may be required to make more precise adjustments.
When buying a switch, you need to clarify compatibility issues with an existing television receiver. Convenient when the installed model has several inputs.